The competition will be held in two flights:
- Flight #1 is for athletes opening at heights lower than 11 feet. We can start as low as 4’. Warm-ups will begin at 8:30am with the competition beginning at 10:00am.
- Flight #2 is for athletes opening at 11 feet or higher. Warm-ups for this flight will begin at the conclusion of flight #1. The competition will begin approximately 1 hour after the beginning of warm-ups but will start no earlier than 1:00pm.
The cost for this event is $50 and includes both entry fee and a Nike Dri-FIT New England Beach Vault t-shirt. Entry without a t-shirt is $30. Payments will be done on site and checks may be made out to “Patriot Pole Vault Club.”
While on site registration will be available, we STRONGLY suggest pre-registering online ahead of time to help us get an idea of how many vaulters to expect as well as ensure that we order enough t-shirts
- Online Registration for Flight 1 - 10am Start Time, Opening under 11 feet
- Online Registration for Flight 2 – Competition starts no earlier than 1pm, Opening 11 feet or higher
USA Track and Field Membership is required to participate in this meet. Be sure to bring your proof of membership (either your membership card or printed out receipt from USATF) to the meet or you will not be allowed to participate. You may sign up for USATF membership at the meet if necessary.
- Mansfield Athletics will provide their “Ultimate Runway,” hand-built by coach Chris Mitchell. It is covered with a rubberized track surface, so spikes will be allowed.
- There is plenty of FREE parking at the beach in one of their parking lots right at the beach.
- New England Beach Vault t-shirts - Nike technical shirts - will be available the day of the meet for $30. Pre-order ahead of time when you register online for a discount.
- We will be bringing up an immense number of poles from the club for use by everyone. If you need to borrow a specific pole for the meet be sure to note the length and weight on your registration form. We can’t bring the entire shed to the meet, so be sure to let us know what you need! Our pole inventory can be found here.
- Coach Ken will be bringing down a massive serving of his world-famous chili
In Case of Inclement Weather
As with all outdoor meets, a lot depends on Mother Nature. We are working on having a possible rain-date, but we may have to cancel in the event of poor weather. If the event is cancelled, we will make the call the day before. An email will be sent to the address associated with pre-registered athletes. We will also post updates on our website, Facebook and Twitter Feed, which also appears on the bottom-right side of our club homepage.
Get Involved – We Need Your Help
This event does take a lot of labor to put on and we desperately need your help! Stay tuned for more ways that you can be involved with this event or fill out this simple form to let us know that you are interested and how you can help out.
Volunteering at this event can count as community service hours if needed for schools or other organizations.
Photos of Previous Beach Vaults
Pictures from historic New England Beach Vaults - held on York Beach in Maine - can be found in our photo gallery. Feel free to take a look and get idea of how much fun we have at this event!
- 2010 York Beach Vault
- 2009 York Beach Vault
- 2007 York Beach Vault Miscellaneous Pictures | Girl’s Competition Pictures | Boy’s Competition Pictures