A forum to discuss overall training techniques, nutrition, injuries, etc. Discussion of actual pole vault technique should go in the Technique forum.
First unread post • 2 posts • Page 1 of 1
- PV Whiz
- Posts: 132
- Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:39 pm
- Expertise: current high school vaulter
- Lifetime Best: 13'8"
- World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
- Favorite Vaulter: Walker, Johnson, Miles
Right now, there areabout 2 months left before season starts. Currently, I have no access to a pit but I do have access to poles. Our team does pole runs once a week and rope drills once a week. Starting this week, I am also going to do high bar drills 1-2 times a week. I've heard that speed on the runway is essential to a high vault. At this time what would you say is the most important thing to improve on? Speed? Strength? Technique? Thank you
- Lax PV
- PV Follower
- Posts: 571
- Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2003 10:02 pm
- Expertise: Former HS and college vaulter, college and HS level coaching, CSCS certified
- Lifetime Best: 475
- Favorite Vaulter: Tarasov
- Location: The Woodlands, TX
Technique at this stage in the game. You cannot do enough pole runs, plant drills etc. The high bar and the pole runs will be enough for resistance training. MAYBE lifting a little legs, full body type stuff if you have a strength coach, but technique cannot be stressed enough.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest