Sky Jumpers Thanksgiving Camp - Chicago Heights, IL

A forum to post announcements about clubs, camps, or competitions. Old posts are moved to the appropriate regional forum below. This is also a forum where I make announcements regarding PoleVaultPower.com. All other posts in this forum will be deleted. Please read the descriptions of the forums below, if your post is not a club/camp/competition, it does not belong in this forum.
rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Sky Jumpers Thanksgiving Camp - Chicago Heights, IL

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 2:29 am

http://www.skyjumpers.com/camps/bloom%2 ... 20camp.htm

Sky Jumpers -Bloom THS Thanksgiving Weekend Day Camp
Saturday Nov 25 and Sunday Nov 26, 2006

Sky Jumpers Vaulting Camp
Directed by Olympic bronze medalist and former world record holder Jan Johnson. His SJVSC camps system is Legendary for offering the finest, most up to date teaching system possible in a high energy, fun atmosphere. He has coached many top HS, college and World Class vaulter’s. In addition, he is the National Pole Vault Safety Chairman, The ASTM pole vault equipment and facilities vice chair and a member of the national PV Hall of Fame.
Costs:
Commuters - $175 Includes instruction, lunch each day, dinner the first day, insurance, T-shirt, and clinic booklet.

Please note: This camp is offered as a day camp only. It does not provide housing.

APPLICATION DEADLINE: Nov 10, 2006

Program
Jan Johnson and his staff will teach the basic and advanced skill systems indoors each day at the Bloom Field house.
Registration
A check for the $100 down payment should accompany your registration form. The balance of your camp fee will be due at check-in. Participation in the camp is available on first-come, first-serve basis. Please apply early. We will send you a confirmation letter when we are in receipt of your application.

What To Bring
Each vaulter should bring his\her own helmet, poles, shoes, shorts, sweats, towels, toiletries, pillow, sheets, blanket, alarm clock, tape and extra spending money. Arrangements can be made to borrow poles but it is best if you bring your own.
Coaches Education Program
Coaches who participate in a Sky Jumpers Vaulting Camp either as a participant or registered observer may qualify for our special tuition waiver ($100) by contacting us 30 days prior to our camp. Tuition waivers are limited to first come first serve basis only. Coaches must be at least 21 years of age with a high school or college coaching job.

Pole Vault Coaching Certification
All Jan Johnson’s camps and clinics are formatted to so as to help their participants to pass the National Pole Vault Safety and Basic Skills and certification course at www.pvscb.com. This course is designed for both coaches and athletes.

Certificate of Attendance

Registered coaches and athletes who attend the clinic will receive certificate of attendance.

http://www.skyjumpers.com/camps/bloom%2 ... 20camp.htm

PVGrl2407
PV Fan

Unread postby PVGrl2407 » Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:27 am

YaY! You should come for sure if you have the chance! These camps are so much fun and the facilities are pretty nice if i do say so myself!

Return to “Website News and Camp/Competition Announcements”