Fund Raising to buy poles

A forum to discuss anything that has to do with pole vaulting that does not fit in the other forums.

Moderators: Russ, lonpvh

dnike13
PV Wannabe
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie

Fund Raising to buy poles

Postby dnike13 » Mon May 10, 2010 1:29 pm

In these tough times, a lot of schools (like mine) are cutting budgets in order to save money and allow teachers to keep their jobs. However, things like pole vault poles are not looked upon as an important investment to many school districts. We are not as bad as other schools that I have talked to, but we still only have about 10 poles (3 borrowed and/or traded). I talked to our head coach and we did a magazine fundraiser and the majority of the proceeds will go to buying new poles. I was wondering if anyone had any other ideas that they did to raise funds (legally and safely) in order to buy more poles.

11kalnmitc
PV Nerd
Expertise: college vaulter
Lifetime Best: 4.73
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Lazaro Borges

Re: Fund Raising to buy poles

Postby 11kalnmitc » Mon May 10, 2010 9:09 pm

i know a lot of little league teams around here get sponsors. ask some local business' if they will buy you some poles, if during meets for like warm ups and stuff your vaulting team will wear shirts with their ad on it. :yes:

indestructo
PV Pro
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, Former College Coach, Current High School Coach, Post-Collegiate Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 15'6"

Re: Fund Raising to buy poles

Postby indestructo » Tue May 11, 2010 11:00 am

We sell advertising space on the fence around the track. I'd also recommend pop can drives! Or hook up with a local restaurant to host a fundraiser.
"Heart"

Return to “Pole Vault - General”