Vault Nicknames?

A forum to discuss anything that has to do with pole vaulting that does not fit in the other forums.

Moderators: Russ, lonpvh

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Mon Mar 08, 2004 10:29 pm

PVJunkie wrote: THE HAIRIEST MAN IN POLE VAULTING"

You definitely lost that nickname :P

Russ
PV Master

Unread postby Russ » Mon Mar 08, 2004 10:40 pm

Yikes. When I was really little my Little League baseball coach started calling me Russell-T (sort of a cross between my middle name, Russell, and what people called me when I was young, Rusty).

But now I suppose that Rainbowgirl (who alleges not to have a nickname?) has bestowed "Sasquatch" on me. :confused:

Okay, I suppose that I can live with that one. I realize that I've taken a huge burden off of PV Junkie. He's a gentleman, so I'm happy to help him out.

Cheers from Sasquatch,
Russ

"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

ashcraftpv
That one guy
Expertise: Former College Vaulter (D1), Current High School Coach, 1999 Outdoor Big Ten Champion
Lifetime Best: 5.25m
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Jason Hinkin

Unread postby ashcraftpv » Mon Mar 08, 2004 10:48 pm

With the new shaggy hairstyles the kids are wearing, i christened one of my kids Sideshow Bob today

PoleVaultPlanet is coming.....

jhesch
PV Pro

Unread postby jhesch » Mon Mar 08, 2004 11:50 pm

haha, nice (w/ the sideshow bob) looks like those ridiculous hats people wear snowboarding. hey, how do you include pics into posts?

lonestar
PV Lover

Unread postby lonestar » Tue Mar 09, 2004 2:23 am

I'm infamous for nicknaming my club members, mainly just out of boredom. Some of the nicknames include:

LoKo, KayKo, Brit-Dawg, O'Doyle Rules, Cha-Ris-Tah, Paigearoo, The Midget World Record Holder, Fairbanksakov, The Prowler, Hippie, El Disco, Pedrisimo, Raton, Slouch, Travisio, Jules, Parrothead, Kell-see-ah, Chell-see-ah, Hammy, and the list goes on and on

Some used to call me "K-Money"
Any scientist who can't explain to an eight-year-old what he is doing is a charlatan. K Vonnegut

nolevault
PV Fan

Unread postby nolevault » Thu Mar 11, 2004 11:19 am

Most call me Big Daddy, picked up the nickname when I was about 230lbs, whoa nelly. Weight didn't stay, but the nickname did.
The greatest gift I ever received was the look on a young vaulters' face after setting a PR!

VaultFreak
PV Whiz

Hmm

Unread postby VaultFreak » Fri Mar 12, 2004 2:00 am

I don't have a nickname, but my last name is Lowe. So when I'm waiting, they call out "Lowe in the hole". And my former teammate had the last name Faulls (sounds like falls), and they would call "Faulls in the hole". We got a kick out of it! :P
Pole Vaulters get high!

Carolina Extreme
PV Follower
Favorite Vaulter: Chase Shealy

Unread postby Carolina Extreme » Fri Mar 12, 2004 10:48 am

One of our vaulters last year, after seeing me in an advertisement, starting calling me "Fabio". LOL

If only I grew a pony tail :o , had a barrel chest :(, and the looks ;). LOL
“Mediocre efforts are like meaty okra. It’s hard to chew and even tougher to swallow.” Rusty Shealy

Carolina Extreme
PV Follower
Favorite Vaulter: Chase Shealy

Fly Trap and Spastic Turtle.

Unread postby Carolina Extreme » Wed Mar 17, 2004 1:57 pm

One of our vaulters told me that a vaulter at his school got a fly stuck in the hair on his leg. They now call him "Fly Trap".

Yesterday I said to one of the guys, "you run like a 'Spastic Turtle'. " I'm sure he's hoping everyone will forget I said that. LOL He's a good athlete doing a lot of good stuff. His run R E A L L Y needs work though.
“Mediocre efforts are like meaty okra. It’s hard to chew and even tougher to swallow.” Rusty Shealy

Fo_Sheezy
PV Nerd

Unread postby Fo_Sheezy » Wed Mar 17, 2004 6:10 pm

I get called ninja because I have a bad habit of instead of getting over the bar, I kick out and knock it way off the mat. Its funny to watch.
Hey is that a pole in your hand or are you just happy to see me?

csunpolevaulter
PV Newbie

Unread postby csunpolevaulter » Thu Mar 18, 2004 9:25 pm

Nicknames... hmmm... well, my name is Dawn, and these are some that I have gotten: "Donatello" (like the Teenage Mutent Ninga Turtle- I was wearing a purple shirt to practice), "Dawnster the Monster" and "Country" (I moved to L.A. from a small country town in Southern California)
"In the immortal words of The Doors... the time to hesitate is through" ~Empire Records

Lord of the Poles
PV Master

Unread postby Lord of the Poles » Fri Mar 19, 2004 11:57 am

Well, I forget if I posted in this topic already, but I was given the nickname Sobe at Vaultngus' club because ever time I showed up I had a sobe on me...lol

Return to “Pole Vault - General”