Lukyanenko faces jail for 2009 drunk car crash fatality

News about pole vault competitions that occur outside the US and international pole vaulters.
  • EPP

Lukyanenko faces jail for 2009 drunk car crash fatality

New postby rainbowgirl28 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:50 pm

Edit: I first posted this in the moderators forum 2.5 years ago. I did not release it publicly at the time because I was unable to confirm many of the details below in the original posts. Since then the story has resurfaced...

Original post:
Sooo the word on the street is that Lukyanenko was never sick or injured. I guess he was drunk driving and killed someone and went to jail for a couple years, which the Russian Federation worked hard to cover up.
rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Re: Here's some good gossip...

New postby achtungpv » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:31 pm

That would explain the zero information available for two years. It's amazing they could keep it out of the regular media if true.
"You have some interesting coaching theories that seem to have little potential."
achtungpv
PV Maniac

New postby rainbowgirl28 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:21 pm

It looks like there really was a terrible car accident and I can't believe I actually got google translate to work in an intelligible way... (these are from 2009)

http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... 6prmd%3Div

Athlete Evgeny Lukyanenko had an accident

Evgeny Lukyanenko. Photo from smsport.ru.
It was learned that the World Championship silver medalist and Olympic champion in the pole vault Evgeniy Lukyanenko of the Slavic-on-Kuban had an accident.

In the area of the village Peter's Slavic area where Lukyanenko celebrated a friend's wedding, August 24 an accident in which car, who was an athlete, turned upside down.

The accident resulted in two deaths and three others were injured.

Athlete after several days of hospital stay were discharged, the newspaper Sport-Express. "

On the fact of an accident involving Olympic athletes sued

Evgeny Lukyanenko. Photo from expert.ru
The criminal case filed on September 4 on the fact of the accident, which injured athlete Olympian Evgeny Lukyanenko.

As already reported "Live Kuban, in a traffic accident on August 24 injured in World Championship silver medalist and Olympic champion in pole vaulting Yevgeniy Lukyanenko of the Slavic-on-Kuban.

"Investigation Division ATS Slavic area, conduct a test on Friday decided to initiate a criminal investigation into the accident on part 3 of Article 264 of the Criminal Code (violation of traffic rules, and entailing by negligence the infliction of grievous bodily harm and death of a citizen), which penalizes up to five years in prison, "- said the representative of ATS Slavic region of Krasnodar Krai RIA Novosti.

Details of accident are being investigated. It is still unknown exactly who was driving the car that caused the accident. Therefore, the case was instituted on the fact of the accident, and not for someone specific.
rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

New postby rainbowgirl28 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:21 pm

And some comments from the last article:

Guest # 6 October at 15:05 -
Yes, the sportsman, and was behind the wheel! The whole area just about this and says!

reply branch

Guest # 25 December at 20:38 -
Everybody knows about, except the police that "chases the driver." With such a corrupt police live really scary.

reply branch

Guest # 31 December at 13:52 -
The fact that Eugene a good athlete, does not entitle him to distort realnost.Pravda still pops up ... sooner or later.
Parents of girls simply shut rot.Nespravedlivo.
We wrote about this letter to the president.
rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

New postby rainbowgirl28 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:23 pm

Comments from the first article:

Guest # 2 September at 15:08 -
One person died in the accident

reply branch

Guest # September 12 at 22:54 -
Well this is how to count - the dead girl was pregnant ......
The truth of it is not easier ...

reply branch

Guest # 1 October at 13:33 -
A second girl lying motionless (spinal fracture and numerous other injuries), and is likely to remain at 23, crippled for life!
And where is this Lukyanenko now, even though her parents helped in the content of their daughter! And he just left town and kicks!!

reply branch

Guest # 9 October at 14:07 -
He did not buzz, he prepares to defend the honor of the country! By the way, do you expect that it is better for all would be to put it?? Why such a thirst for blood? Like jackals on a wounded animal.

reply branch

Guest # 1 October at 13:47 -
"I hate that this information became public, and even in such a distorted way - said Lukyanenko. - Now there is an investigation of what happened, and in the interests of the investigation the details I have been asked not to disclose. I note only that I really got into an accident, resulting in which one person died. We emphasize that all the rest of the accident have done without injury or serious damage. I also did not hurt, even refused hospitalization. A couple of bruises and all. It is a pity that now the matter is pumping, and with the minimum of the real facts " .

"From a physical point of view I feel fine. Now go through the process of rehabilitation after undergoing surgery to remove lymph nodes. In late September - early October, plan to start pre-season training. I want next season to make up for all that is lost in this" - quoted athlete "All Sports .

As reported YuGA.ru allegedly caused the accident was that the car driver lost control.

"The accident occurred Aug. 24 at approximately 22.00 in the village of Peter the Slavic area. Toyota cars belonging to the athlete, left the road and overturned. Presumably, the reason was that the driver lost control. As a result, one girl, who was in the car, died on the spot, "- said a law enforcement source area.

The interviewee added that driving was one Lukyanenko, born in 1984.

So where is the truth? After all the inhabitants of the Slavic area know what was behind the wheel himself Lukyanenko and sober! So, in such a great sportsman spirit was not enough to answer for their actions: a pregnant bride died, and she hung up, she ran the vehicle, the second girl left disabled, and from this "skipjack" There is no help from her parents and her! ! Thus here always - money and status of parents (his father worked in the police) allow criminals to escape responsibility!

reply branch

Guest # 9 October at 14:04 -
You must excuse me, of course, but how do we know that no assistance is a girl with a broken spine. 'm Sure that aid was provided, otherwise the parents of the latter appealed to the prosecutor's office !!!!! And more .... ugly somehow ernichat about it, I suppose when Zhenya champion was bursting with pride for the area .. more I can add that God knows what went through Lukyanenko in the accident ..

reply branch

Guest # 31 December at 13:49 -
The fact that Eugene a good athlete, does not entitle him to distort realnost.Pravda still pops up ... sooner or later.
Parents of girls simply shut rot.Nespravedlivo.
We wrote about this letter to the president.

reply branch

Guest # April 28 at 14:49 -
Because now the parents of the girl asking for help from residents to the "whole world" to raise money for treatment of the paralyzed daughter http://www.zaryakubani.ru/?news=3718

reply branch

Guest # May 18 at 23:24 -
How could people do not fear God (so if you do not feel ashamed in front of people). "No one was seriously hurt: (I wish, of course, but ... a young girl confined to her bed to her parents. It is a pity the parents. Patience them, and health. A Wife - conscience" dig "into the depths of his gnilovastoy little soul.

reply branch

Guest # May 25 at 18:53 -
and he was on the site classmates flowers brides presents ..... not even trying to hide .... pnimaete his candy-buketny period ... and someone who has died was not his concern

reply branch

Guest # 6 December at 19:20 -
FOR ATHLETES OF SUCH Personally, I'm not proud of, with such a mug GO TO SCHOOL SPORT, better had he was there pregnant brides or a girl, bedridden !!!!! PATIENCE Her parents and a speedy recovery HER!
rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

New postby rainbowgirl28 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:33 pm

Sport star Yevgeny Lukyanenko nearly crashed the car

Evgeny Lukyanenko return to training in the next month.
Photo: www.championat.ru
Kuban medalist got in an accident, which killed girl
Vladimir Verbitsky - 04.09.2009
So many terrible accidents happened this summer that it becomes uncomfortable. In a very serious accident get passenger buses, passenger cars emitted by the oncoming straight under the wheels of heavy trucks ...

The other day in a terrible accident came a resident of the Krasnodar region, one of the strongest athletes of the world, pole vaulter Evgeny Lukyanenko. It happened near the town of Slavyansk-on-Kuban region near the village of Peter.

In the car, which drove 24-year-old Jack, were five people. One girl died. Eugene himself hardly affected, and even refused to go to the hospital.

- Zhenya and all is well - have calmed us coaches an athlete. - What is told in the media do not correspond to reality. In no coma, he was not lying.

We managed to talk on the phone and by Lukyanenko - he is now at home in Slavyansk-on-Kuban.

- It seems that the press especially the situation pumps. I'm alive and well. Of course, it is hard, but not enough to get depressed. Remember everything do not want to. Know that sports fans are going through, wonder what happened to me. Do not worry, soon I'll be back to training. Immediately after being restored after the operation - because of her I did not participate at the World Championships.

Details of the accident is not an athlete says. Now all the details of accidents analyzed in the police investigation is underway.

FILE "KP"

Lukyanenko star ascended in 2008. In Valencia, the World Cup we became the first athlete with a score of 5.90 m. July 1, 2008 in Bydgoszcz, Poland Jack managed to take the height of 6.01 m and entered the club of Sergey Bubka.

Also last year, Lukyanenko became the champion of Russia in the halls, a year earlier won a bronze medal. Home victory for Eugene - an Olympic medal in Beijing.
rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Re: Lukyanenko 2009 Car Crash

New postby rainbowgirl28 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:29 am

I try not to be overly gossipy on Pole Vault Power. This was sitting in the moderators' forum for a few years. I was never able to get a firm answer on whether or not he actually did any jail time. But it looks like the case is going to be re-tried.

http://en.rsport.ru/other_sports/201304 ... 92744.html

Beijing Silver Medalist Faces Prison for Fatal Crash
16:09 03.04.2013 (Last updated 19:13 03.04.2013)

KRASNODAR, Russia, April 4 (R-Sport) - The Beijing 2008 Olympic pole vault silver medalist Yevgeny Lukyanenko faces seven years in prison after being charged with vehicular manslaughter.

The 28-year-old Russian, who finished fifth in the London 2012 Olympics, lost control of his Toyota in August 2009, killing his female passenger and injuring three others, Russian traffic police have said.

"The case is assigned to the Slavyansky District Court, which will determine the degree of Lukyanenko's guilt," a police spokesperson told RIA Novosti.

It is unclear if Lukyanenko, who is under house arrest, considers himself guilty. "No comment. Everything will be clear after the court case," he told R-Sport.

A preliminary hearing scheduled for Monday was moved to Friday for technical reasons.

The accident occurred in a village near the southern city of Krasnodar almost exactly a year after Lukyanenko finished runner-up to Australia's Steven Hooker in Olympic competition in Beijing.

The case took so long to get to court because in 2011 it was returned to state prosecutors to correct technical errors in their indictment.
rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Re: Lukyanenko 2009 Car Crash

New postby rainbowgirl28 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:34 am

Translation by google

http://www.runners.ru/other/6810-evgeni ... nenko.html

Yevgeny Lukyanenko: when will the court in the case of an accident do not know yet
Thursday, April 4, 2013 - More news - Olga Medvedev - Hits: 31

A famous Russian athlete, winner of the 2008 Olympics in the pole vault Yevgeny Lukyanenko said the agency " F-Sport ", which does not know the date of the trial on charges of committing a traffic accident that killed his fellow traveler.

The accident occurred in the Slavic region of Krasnodar Territory August 24, 2009. According to preliminary data of the traffic police in the area of ​​the Kuban Cossack village Lukyanenko Peter lost control, resulting in his Toyota off the road and overturned. In the accident killed the girl, four more persons, including the athlete suffered. On Wednesday, April 3, the representative of the Ministry of Interior Department of Slavic region of Kuban told RIA Novosti by telephone that Lukyanenko to stand trial in the Krasnodar region on charges under "traffic violation, resulting in the death of man." Athlete could face up to seven years in prison.

"There are no comments yet. Everything will be clear after the trial. I do not know (when a trial), I still have not informed about it," - said Lukyanenko told "F-Sport" on the phone.

The athlete is under house arrest. Of materials on the site of the district court that a preliminary hearing in the case was to be held on Monday, but because of the absence of the victim was moved to April 5. The site also noted that the case Lukyanenko reported to the court in 2011, but was returned to the prosecutor in order to eliminate the article procedural violations.

By Ildar Satdinov
rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Re: Lukyanenko faces jail for 2009 drunk car crash fatality

New postby KLocke » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:57 am

Similar story. 2004 Olympic 800 meter Champion

http://www.besttopnews.com/news/style/s ... 1415-34-0/

rainbowgirl28 wrote:Edit: I first posted this in the moderators forum 2.5 years ago. I did not release it publicly at the time because I was unable to confirm many of the details below in the original posts. Since then the story has resurfaced...

Original post:
Sooo the word on the street is that Lukyanenko was never sick or injured. I guess he was drunk driving and killed someone and went to jail for a couple years, which the Russian Federation worked hard to cover up.
KLocke
PV Whiz

Re: Lukyanenko faces jail for 2009 drunk car crash fatality

New postby rainbowgirl28 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:31 pm

Other sources are backing up the claims from the comment sections that:
- He was the driver
- The woman he killed was pregnant
- He paralyzed another girl (his gf at the time)
rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Return to Pole Vault - International