Beijing Schedule

News about pole vault competitions that occur outside the US and international pole vaulters.
rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Beijing Schedule

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:32 am

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Re: Beijing Schedule

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:37 am

I know we are all excited about the pole vault competitions... but don't forget to cheer for longtime PV Power member Trey Hardee in the decathlon! http://www.treyhardee.com/

I will say this many times on the board as the Olympics get closer... some people prefer to watch and find out the results on TV, while others will be glued to this site and others for live updates.

Until each event airs on the west coast of the United States (presumably the last people to see it), there will only be ONE thread on this whole website where you can discuss the results for each PV event (and I will be sure to not put a spoiler in the title).

Same as we did in 2004.

BruceFlorman
PV Lover

Unread postby BruceFlorman » Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:41 am

rainbowgirl28 wrote:some people prefer to watch and find out the results on TV, while others will be glued to this site and others for live updates.

Is NBC actually going to allow any live scoring on the internet, or have they paid for exclusive access like they did for Eugene? That's the internet censorship that most concerns me for Beijing. :mad:

jcoover
PV Pro
Favorite Vaulter: Nicholas Panozzo

Unread postby jcoover » Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:27 pm

BruceFlorman wrote:
rainbowgirl28 wrote:some people prefer to watch and find out the results on TV, while others will be glued to this site and others for live updates.

Is NBC actually going to allow any live scoring on the internet, or have they paid for exclusive access like they did for Eugene? That's the internet censorship that most concerns me for Beijing. :mad:

I have seen lots of commercials advertising massive coverage on www.nbcolympics.com of all of the different sports. Hopefully they have live feed from every sport while they are all going on, but how are we ever supposed to expect that? I would assume frustration concerning lack of coverage, and then if they prove us wrong we can be extra happy! :yes: :yes:
"We can, by God, let our demons loose and just wail on!" - John L Parker

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:13 pm

I have heard that there will not be truly live video coverage of the track and field events on NBCOlympics.com.

I would like to believe that there will be live scoring on the internet somewhere (I just don't know where yet). NBC does not have a worldwide monopoly on the Olympics, and I'll have something on here even if it means I have to beg every single person I know on other continents to IM me/text me/post on here.

Return to “Pole Vault - International”