Percy Knox Invitational update

A forum to discuss pole vaulting or anything else relating to California

Moderators: vaultmd, bjvando, bvpv07

onetrkcoach
PV Newbie

Percy Knox Invitational update

Unread postby onetrkcoach » Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:11 pm

Hello Track Coaches, Athletes, Parents, & Spectators,

My name is Coach Tim Wells; I’m the meet director for the Percy Knox invitational track and field meet. We at the foundation are striding hard to promote and produce a top rated track meet that reaches out to various schools across the nation.

This meet was developed as a model track and field meet for the rest of the nation to see. We developed this meet to be a large fund raiser for less fortunate schools who might not have the facilities, skills, time, or even the resources to put on such a large caliper track and field meet.

This is a Cinderella meet, each year the meet is rotated among two or more host schools. The host schools put up zero dollars and the foundation promotes the meet and splits the proceeds with the host schools to help run their track and field programs. We are non-profit, the rest of the funds are used for cost; Administrative,
Facilities, Trophies, etc.

We give out give out trophies instead of medals, we help less fortunate schools with cost for logging and we have a low entry fee to run at our meet. But unfortunately this all cost money to run such a large meet.

Our website; www.percyknox.com has received website hits from as for away as; Africa, Russia, Canada, and Great Britain. We have received hits in the United States from Hawaii, mid west, south, and east coast. If you like what we are trying to do with this meet, than I would like to ask you to help support our efforts by purchasing a pre-entry ticket to our meet. The price for the pre sale ticket is $5.00. Make Check or Money Order out to Crenshaw High School Track Club; P.O. Box 901567 Palmdale, Ca 93590.

Please purchase a ticket even if you won’t be able to attend this meet. The proceeds from the sell will help less fortunate schools compete at our meet. The Date of the meet is March 17, 2007 Cerritos College.

Thank you and god bless,

Coach Tim Wells

Return to “California”