POLE VAULT POLES FOR SALE - BIG STICKS!!!

Got something for sale? Looking to buy something? Post it here, but make sure to read the rules first!

Moderator: rainbowgirl28

PVMASTER
PV Newbie
Expertise: Former College, National and Masters Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 5.05m
Favorite Vaulter: Sergei Bubka

POLE VAULT POLES FOR SALE - BIG STICKS!!!

Unread postby PVMASTER » Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:01 am

Need some big sticks?? I have a series of 5.00 meter(16' 5") poles for sale. They are all Pacer III's (basically the same as the current Spirit poles) that I had when I vaulted in college. although I'd like to think that I might be able to use them again the reality of it, at 44 years old, is that I won't, so I have decided to sell them and aquire some smaller poles. They are as follows:
16' 5" 180lbs/17.6 flex (1979 model) in very good condition
16' 5" 185lbs/17.0 flex (1981 model) in Excellent condition
16' 5" 185lbs/16.6 flex (1981 model) in Excellent to like new condition
16' 5" 190lbs/16.2 flex (1983 model) in Excellent to like new condition
16' 5" 195lbs/15.6 flex (1983 model) in Excellent to like new condition
I also have a series of 16' 5" Blue Sky Poles (6 of them) ranging from 190lbs to 205lbs. They are also in excellent to almost like new condition. I am very negotiable on price. Even though I live in Canada I will transport them across the border to ship within the USA. E-mail me if interested at lionelking@wwdb.org

Bruce Caldwell
PV Enthusiast
Expertise: It is all about Pole Vaulting. I even catch the competitors poles!
Lifetime Best: 15'8"
Favorite Vaulter: Kjell Issakson, Jan Johnson

I know sowmone who can use those sizes

Unread postby Bruce Caldwell » Fri Apr 02, 2004 8:00 am

We have a really good masters vaulter Brian Wally in canada near you who uses those size poles. He most recently switched to ESSX but might use those as warm up ???
contact me and I will get you in touch with him.

zack

Unread postby zack » Fri Apr 02, 2004 12:48 pm

PVMASTER is Brian

PVMASTER
PV Newbie

Unread postby PVMASTER » Fri Apr 02, 2004 1:15 pm

Oh Bruce you are so kind!!! I wish I could jump on these still. Although the weights are actually right I think 16'5" is just alittle too long for me. I am hoping that by summer I might get a couple of 15'7" or 15'9" ESSX carbons. The way I look at it, although it is quite hard to part with my series of Pacer Poles, besides them being in beautiful condition and having some serious sentimental attachment, I figure if I DO get to the point where I need a 16'5" pole I would be more than happy to buy a new one and anyways I would get a ESSX Carbon to got with the ones I have now. I am loving my five New 15'1" Essx Carbons though. The carry weight is lighter and I really like the way the poles have worked for me. Since I got them 2 months ago I have raised my Masters PB 3 times....so far! When I pull them out, pretty much anywhere I jump, I get alot of vaulters with Big Eyes come and drool over them. Just FYI, Bruce Caldwell at ESSX makes "The Bomb" poles and he is the nicest guy to work with!!

Robert schmitt
PV Lover

Unread postby Robert schmitt » Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:46 pm

Brian,
what are you jumping now? I cann't wait to get back up thier this summer a hump with you again.
An optimist is one who sees a light in darkness....a pessimist blows it out.

Robert schmitt
PV Lover

Unread postby Robert schmitt » Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:48 pm

We'll also have to do some of
<-------- this in the summer.

PVMASTER
PV Newbie

Unread postby PVMASTER » Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:51 pm

Hey Robert, The last 3 meets I jumped 4.27m (14'0") at the Bellingham allcomers, 4.20m at the Worlds in Germany (6th Place) and 4.25m at the US Indoor Nationals (tied for 2nd) so my jumping has been steadily improving. My goal is to jump over 4.60m (15'1") this summer. I just need to lose about 15 more lbs so I am on the STRICT eating program right now. Hope to see you in Bellingham soon!! Brian.

PVMASTER
PV Newbie

Unread postby PVMASTER » Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:53 pm

Sounds great. You will have to come up to Vancouver sometime this summer. I have a Mastercraft ski boat docked in front of my house and I have all the barefoot accessories you'd want! Brian.

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Fri Apr 02, 2004 3:31 pm

PVMASTER wrote:Sounds great. You will have to come up to Vancouver sometime this summer. I have a Mastercraft ski boat docked in front of my house and I have all the barefoot accessories you'd want! Brian.

Dang I just might have to pop up there if I make it home this summer :)

Robert schmitt
PV Lover

Unread postby Robert schmitt » Fri Apr 02, 2004 3:42 pm

PVMASTER wrote:Hey Robert, The last 3 meets I jumped 4.27m (14'0") at the Bellingham allcomers, 4.20m at the Worlds in Germany (6th Place) and 4.25m at the US Indoor Nationals (tied for 2nd) so my jumping has been steadily improving. My goal is to jump over 4.60m (15'1") this summer. I just need to lose about 15 more lbs so I am on the STRICT eating program right now. Hope to see you in Bellingham soon!! Brian.

6th and 2nd-awsome!! I'm looking to finally jump over 15' again this summer if all the biking doesn't destroy my last fast twitch muscle :D

Sounds great. You will have to come up to Vancouver sometime this summer. I have a Mastercraft ski boat docked in front of my house and I have all the barefoot accessories you'd want! Brian.

I thought the only accessory I needed was my feet ;) I'll need all the help I can get. I've only footed 2 times in the past 8 years. Although that pic was from two years ago.

ashcraftpv
That one guy
Expertise: Former College Vaulter (D1), Current High School Coach, 1999 Outdoor Big Ten Champion
Lifetime Best: 5.25m
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Jason Hinkin

Unread postby ashcraftpv » Fri Apr 02, 2004 3:52 pm

Robert schmitt wrote:Brian, I cann't wait to get back up thier this summer a hump with you again.

not even going to comment....too many possibilites.......might want to try the Preview button next time ;)
PoleVaultPlanet is coming.....

PVMASTER
PV Newbie

Unread postby PVMASTER » Fri Apr 02, 2004 4:14 pm

He must have meant to JUMP not hump. I know his wife and she's a whole lot better looking than I am.......

Return to “Sales Forum”