Oscar Janson

News about pole vault competitions that occur outside the US and international pole vaulters.
achtungpv
PV Rock Star

Oscar Janson

Unread postby achtungpv » Wed Jul 02, 2003 7:42 pm

How about Oscar Janson of Sweden upping his PR from 5.63 (18'5 3/4") to a world leading 5.87 (19'3 1/4") on Sunday? If you're gonna PR, might as well do it in style.
"You have some interesting coaching theories that seem to have little potential."

KYLE ELLIS
PV Lover
Expertise: former college vaulter, Current college coach
Lifetime Best: 5.26
Favorite Vaulter: bubka

Unread postby KYLE ELLIS » Wed Jul 02, 2003 11:35 pm

Man thats awesome, a 10 inch improvement on top of 18-5. Its about time somebody put one up there!
On a whole new level 6-20-09

wacky274
PV Follower

Unread postby wacky274 » Thu Jul 03, 2003 12:34 am

gotta give him mucho props for that, lol....not the way i talk folks, really....but yeah, thats awesome, i respect a person who can put it up when it counts, and man, thats definitely doing it in style on that level.....what would you say the biggest ever pr for someone is in one meet who's previous pr was 550 or better?
Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them-a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill. - Muhammad Ali

Talent in cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work.
-Stephen King

zack

Unread postby zack » Thu Jul 03, 2003 2:13 am

Sorry if I seem a little anal but 5.87 converts to 19'3" :P . Still a great jump for him. I don't think I'd ever heard his name before now.

Return to “Pole Vault - International”