You know ur obsessed w/ pv when:

A forum to discuss anything that has to do with pole vaulting that does not fit in the other forums.

Moderators: Russ, lonpvh

bcdsports14
PV Wannabe

Re: Obsessed

Unread postby bcdsports14 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:24 pm

Vault Chick wrote:This was kind of mentioned in one of the others, but another thing I do is while I'm working at Coldstone, and waiting for the shake to be done, I'm standing there bending the straw trying to get it to be the perfect bend for a pole!

OOOOOHHH I love that place! :D

Lol anyway... i tried that with a straw but i snapped it. I know i will be guilty of most of the things people have said here once i vault more.

Vault Chick
PV Pro
Expertise: College Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 10'8"
Favorite Vaulter: Tye Harvey

Unread postby Vault Chick » Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:33 am

bcdsports14 wrote:
Vault Chick wrote:This was kind of mentioned in one of the others, but another thing I do is while I'm working at Coldstone, and waiting for the shake to be done, I'm standing there bending the straw trying to get it to be the perfect bend for a pole!

Lol anyway... i tried that with a straw but i snapped it. I know i will be guilty of most of the things people have said here once i vault more.

LOL!!! Yeah, but it's so hard to work there because my coach wants me to keep my weight below 110 for pole vaulting!!!
PR: 10'8" (so far!)
Chico State Track + Field!

skyshark177
PV Pro
Expertise: College Coach

Unread postby skyshark177 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:57 am

When you tell your athletes that for homework they must all create a profile on here and post atleast one new topic and two reply's to two different other threads, just so they know that this site exists.
SKYSHARKS

skyshark177
PV Pro
Expertise: College Coach

Unread postby skyshark177 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:16 am

You know your obsessed with PVing when you can tell me the following about this painting:

1. The Artist?

2. When it was painted?

3. Painted for what special competition (we all know for PVing) so what big event?

4. During what part of the vault the vaulter is in?

5. Where the bar is, in the painting?

6. Where the vaulter's top hand is?

7. and any thing else about this painting that you want to say!

SKYSHARKS

bcdsports14
PV Wannabe

Unread postby bcdsports14 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:33 am

Vault Chick wrote:
bcdsports14 wrote:

LOL!!! Yeah, but it's so hard to work there because my coach wants me to keep my weight below 110 for pole vaulting!!!

That's not good :no:

vaultgirlsummer
PV Newbie

Unread postby vaultgirlsummer » Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:01 am

When you vault in the snow( It wasn't laying on the run way-don't worry!)

When on meet day all through your classes all you can think of is how to get a better inversion.----That's what I am doing right now. Our first home meet is today and I'm going for a PR.

When you buy a car with a roof rack simpily because you can put your poles on it.If it don't have a rack I'm not buying it!

Lazor23
PV Newbie

Unread postby Lazor23 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:41 pm

you know your obsessed with pole vaulting when you work in a hardware store and in the back you make standards out of hand saws and then use a thin dowel to pretend your fingers are a person jumping hahahaa pathetic

fastpich19
PV Nerd
Expertise: Current High School Vaulter 2009

Unread postby fastpich19 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:44 pm

How about when during class, you draw drawings of your self clearing a unrealistic height. Then you sign the corner saying thats my goal this season.

pool_man_007
PV Fan

Unread postby pool_man_007 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:11 pm

When after a particularly good or bad day vaulting, you cant sleep at night b/c that especially good/bad vault keeps running through your head
---------grip it and rip it---------
*~DANGER HIGH VAULTAGE~*

tigervaulter727
PV Whiz

Unread postby tigervaulter727 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:16 pm

i think i can top the one above me.... hehe :P

when your mom claims you talk in your sleep about it...you know, loudly saying what you want your standards at...YES I MADE IT!!...WOO HOO that's state!...things along those lines... :confused: haha :P :)

HHSPVCoach
PV Nerd
Expertise: Former HS and college vaulter, now HS and college coach
Favorite Vaulter: Bubka, duh!

Unread postby HHSPVCoach » Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:32 pm

How about when your (almost) 4 year old daughter brings you her Barbie, and when you realize how flexible her joints are you position Barbie in the perfect takeoff form. ;-)

Or how about wondering just how much it would cost to get a custom made pole for your toddler. 6 ft, 35 lbs.... is that do-able?

bcdsports14
PV Wannabe

Unread postby bcdsports14 » Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:50 pm

HHSPVCoach wrote:How about when your (almost) 4 year old daughter brings you her Barbie, and when you realize how flexible her joints are you position Barbie in the perfect takeoff form. ;-)

Or how about wondering just how much it would cost to get a custom made pole for your toddler. 6 ft, 35 lbs.... is that do-able?

both those win! :yes: :yes: :yes:

Return to “Pole Vault - General”