Photo Wanted - Christmas themed pole vaulting

A forum to post announcements about clubs, camps, or competitions. Old posts are moved to the appropriate regional forum below. This is also a forum where I make announcements regarding PoleVaultPower.com. All other posts in this forum will be deleted. Please read the descriptions of the forums below, if your post is not a club/camp/competition, it does not belong in this forum.
rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Photo Wanted - Christmas themed pole vaulting

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:44 pm

I am looking for a good quality photo (that you actually have the rights to, not something random downloaded off the internet) of some kind of Christmas related pole vaulting.

Like somebody pole vaulting in a Santa Hat, or maybe something even more creative.

I am interested in making Pole Vault Power Christmas Cards, and I don't have access to any pole vault pits right now, so I can't just go and take a picture.

The photo needs to be reasonably high quality.

If I choose your photo, I will send you a free t-shirt and Christmas cards and give you credit on the cards or something like that.

:D

vaultmd
PV Enthusiast
Expertise: Masters Vaulter, Coach, Doctor
Lifetime Best: 475
Favorite Vaulter: Laura Huarte

Unread postby vaultmd » Sat Oct 14, 2006 3:12 am

I'm sure Bubba has some with someone jumping in a Santa hat. Not sure if there were any other clothes . . .

lonestar
PV Lover

Unread postby lonestar » Sat Oct 14, 2006 12:59 pm

vaultmd wrote:I'm sure Bubba has some with someone jumping in a Santa hat. Not sure if there were any other clothes . . .

http://www.bubbapv.com/Pages/santa.htm
Any scientist who can't explain to an eight-year-old what he is doing is a charlatan. K Vonnegut

Sebes
PV Whiz

Christmas Vault Pic

Unread postby Sebes » Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:38 pm

Becca,

I was bored at work so I started drawing one. Rudolph is jumping over a string of christmas lights instead of a crossbar...Santa is coaching...I got the elves working the standards...and the pit is Santa's bag of presents. If it comes out looking really good I'll scan it and e-mail it to you.

Sebes

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Re: Christmas Vault Pic

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:03 pm

Sebes wrote:Becca,

I was bored at work so I started drawing one. Rudolph is jumping over a string of christmas lights instead of a crossbar...Santa is coaching...I got the elves working the standards...and the pit is Santa's bag of presents. If it comes out looking really good I'll scan it and e-mail it to you.

Sebes

Oh fun! I'd love to see it :)

robillard
PV Nerd

Unread postby robillard » Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:51 pm

i had an idea me and my friend might try but basicaly one of us would dress up like santa and we would get a giant cardboard house or somethin with a chimney and position it on the side of the pit. then one of us would vault and we would try to angle the pic so it looks like santa is pole vaulting into the chimney of a house.
no idea if we'll actually be able to do it but if anyone else out there wants to try your more than welcome to.

Return to “Website News and Camp/Competition Announcements”