Altius on the road - around the world

A forum to post announcements about clubs, camps, or competitions. Old posts are moved to the appropriate regional forum below. This is also a forum where I make announcements regarding PoleVaultPower.com. All other posts in this forum will be deleted. Please read the descriptions of the forums below, if your post is not a club/camp/competition, it does not belong in this forum.
altius
PV Rock Star

Altius on the road - around the world

Unread postby altius » Sat May 06, 2006 12:52 pm

One of the great things about coaching is the chance to travel and to meet people. So a few of you may be interested in my winter jaunt this year!

May 26 leave Adelaide for Aukland, New Zealand for wining and dining and possibility of an informal clinic. May 29th fly to LA, overnight there to recover from flight and wining and etc. May 30th fly to Chicago for some w @ d but really to lead a clinic for athletes and coaches at Geneva High School from June 2 -4. June 5 drive to Excelsior Springs in Missouri for three day clinic there - not sure about w @ d. June 9/10 drive to Columbus Ohio - definitely for w @ d with an old friend from Ohio State. June 11 drive to Slippery Rock to assist at world famous Mark Hannay camps until June23rd. Definitely no wining and dining in Slippery Rock but there is decent brew pub there. June 23 drive to University of South Carolina in Columbia to assist the world class team running the clinic there from June 24th - 29th. Not sure about w @ d there - probably drink a lot of Jack Daniels or Southern Comfort.

June 30 drive to Knoxville to spend a couple of days with my old mate agapit and catch up with my god daughter and former SEC champion Christie Elwin. Probably drink a lot of vodka. July 1 drive to Chicago for a couple of days R and R with Paul Omi - he' s a wine man! . July 5 fly to Houston to assist at a clinic at the Woodlands High school organised by my old friend Bubba Sparks. Its Texas so it will be beer and steaks or maybe just hamburgers - do they have any decent beer in Texas??

July 9 fly to England to attend the 150th anniversary of my old cricket club at Amersham - definitely w @ d - and then bum around catching up with mates and w @ d until July 29 when we will go to the London GP to meet Vitaly P again and see Isinbyeva set another world record. Then return to OZ where the wining and dining will resume in earnest.

Hope I catch up with a few of y'all along the way!

:D :yes:
Its what you learn after you know it all that counts. John Wooden

master
PV Lover
Expertise: Masters Vaulter, Volunteer HS Coach, Former College Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 4.36m

Unread postby master » Sun May 07, 2006 2:07 am

Sounds like you're all set for a good time! Be careful though. Who knows what kind of bad habits you might be exposed to here in the States. ;)

- master

altius
PV Rock Star

Unread postby altius » Sun May 07, 2006 3:42 am

You mean like Miller beer and Budweiser - terrible stuff - worst in the world. :no: :crying:
Its what you learn after you know it all that counts. John Wooden

master
PV Lover
Expertise: Masters Vaulter, Volunteer HS Coach, Former College Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 4.36m

Unread postby master » Mon May 08, 2006 2:30 pm

OK, so that might be a reason to stop off in Oregon sometime. Check out this article from my home town newspaper today (although it is by an Associated Press writer.)
King of Beer Cities

- master

Duane
PV Newbie

Excelsior Springs Missouri info?

Unread postby Duane » Tue May 16, 2006 11:44 am

Where can I find more info on the Excelsior Springs clinic?

vaultman18
PV Pro
Expertise: College Coach, Former College Vaulter
Favorite Vaulter: Tim Mack

Unread postby vaultman18 » Wed May 17, 2006 12:07 pm

Altius I hope to be at the camp in South Carolina a few of my athletes are attending. I look forward to meeting you and picking your brain. I'll bring you you some wine Red or White?

agapit
PV Follower

See you soon

Unread postby agapit » Fri May 19, 2006 10:40 am

Alan, I am looking forward to your Knoxville visit in June. We surly would drink some vod** and remember some fun times.

On the serious note, I am glad that you are going on the road with your clinics and presentations. I absolutely think that it is great for all coaches and in particular high school vault coaches to learn about your successful methods in working with young athletes and to exchange ideas about modern vault technique.

Knowing your teaching talent, I think you can really impact many athletes and coaches even in a daily clinic. The value of exercises and training methods that you can share is enormous. If we continue our research and exchange it is only a matter of time before 21’ vault becomes a competition reality.

See you in Knoxville :)

P.S. Love your book (Beginner to Bubka). Thank you for your personal note.
there is no spoon... www.m640.com

Return to “Website News and Camp/Competition Announcements”