Beach Vault!!!!! (MI)

A forum to discuss anything related to Michigan

Moderator: rainbowgirl28

mcminkz05
PV Great
Expertise: College Vaulter

Beach Vault!!!!! (MI)

Unread postby mcminkz05 » Tue Jul 12, 2005 1:25 am

SO who all is going to the Grand Haven Beach Vault this weekend, and what division are you competeting in? Ill be there in the High School Elite division, should be fun !!
Last edited by mcminkz05 on Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What have you done today to get better?

krupat
PV Beginner

Unread postby krupat » Tue Jul 12, 2005 1:32 am

im going there also, 7 hour drive :mad: with a few buddies. im pretty sure im in the 17-18 yr. old category. i hope the weather is good for it. should be a darn fun roadtrip and hopefully get to see some kick but jumping.

ryansanta
PV Whiz

Unread postby ryansanta » Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:52 am

I'll be there fri/sat. Vaulting sat in the HS elite as well. Big 9 step run and hopefully a tail wind = moving my grip up finally. PR time!

SKOT
PV Pro

Unread postby SKOT » Tue Jul 12, 2005 8:23 am

i will be jumping in the college/eliete division. rumor has it that justin norberg will be there. he took 4th at USATF nationals this year and has a lifetime PR of 18'9". the people that run it said that there were 2 other 18'+ vaulters comming. im pretty sure one of them is Mark Zilch from Lewis University.

oh and ryansanta, do you know if laura borovsky, that crazy old churchill vaulter, is comming???

skyshark177
PV Pro
Expertise: College Coach

Unread postby skyshark177 » Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:45 pm

Yes Laura will be there.

krupat
PV Beginner

Unread postby krupat » Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:39 pm

anyone have the full paged map of the area? when i try to load it, only half comes up. this isnt going to be good if i cant get directions from my hotel. :confused:

1yeldud1
PV Pro

Unread postby 1yeldud1 » Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:09 pm

Go to the Grand Haven Beach vault web site. Down at the botom left hand corner (if I remember right) is a city map listed. Click on this. It is the same map except the whole page, It doesn't have the circles and arrows though. I got on Expedia and called up the Grand Haven State Beach and I got the location there (also on expedia type in the name of the business that they list as across the street from vault site and let the computer tell you exactly where the location is. If there are any other problems personal mail me and I will try to scan what I have and e-mail it to you.

krupat
PV Beginner

Unread postby krupat » Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:38 pm

i couldnt exactly get the Expedia thingy to work, i dont know how to use it that good, but i found other maps and things from the hotel, plus the hotel said they have directions for us. So, hopefully i can find it easiy enough, but parking doesnt make sense to me either. it says take the shuttle or sumthing.? i dont know, if i get completely messed up, im gonna just end up calling coach Kevin Paterson. But thanks for the help, i cant wait!!!

1yeldud1
PV Pro

Unread postby 1yeldud1 » Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:47 am

Looks to me that if a person doesn't get there EARLY - you will have to park a long ways away and use the shuttle to get to the meet. this probably would be a pain in the "Butt" - As the coach said "BE EARLY - NO MATTER WHAT TIME YOU VAULT" Sounds as if we have been warned that traffic could be tough !!!!!!

krupat
PV Beginner

Unread postby krupat » Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:56 am

yea, definatly sounds like that. and i have to gte used to te american speeds and signals and things like that, lol.

indestructo
PV Pro
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, Former College Coach, Current High School Coach, Post-Collegiate Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 15'6"

Unread postby indestructo » Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:33 am

When they say get there early, they mean it. The GH city beach is right next to the Grand Haven state park beach. The state park beach is packed by noon. If you're not there by 10, forget about parking anywhere close to the beach vault. 10 is even a stretch...

Good Luck to all.

Anyone seen the start lists that were just emailed out..... some pretty big names on there (jeremy scott and the Bell kids...hmmm) Who's thinking some unexpected visitors may be stopping by???
"Heart"

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:34 am

Post the start lists for us! I'm curious to see who all will be there.

Return to “Michigan”