Finalised itinerary for Altius clinics

A forum to post announcements about clubs, camps, or competitions. Old posts are moved to the appropriate regional forum below. This is also a forum where I make announcements regarding PoleVaultPower.com. All other posts in this forum will be deleted. Please read the descriptions of the forums below, if your post is not a club/camp/competition, it does not belong in this forum.
altius
PV Rock Star

Finalised itinerary for Altius clinics

Unread postby altius » Sun May 19, 2013 2:07 am

Finalised itinerary for Altius clinics.

June 7/8/9 Oregon City Contact Rick Baggett -- baggettpv@gmail.com

June 12/13/14 Sacramento State University – Contact Daniel Isaacs -- dsissaacs18@gmail.com

June 18/19 Marina High School, Huntington Beach – Contact Kevin Magula -- Kevinm@higherflyers.org

June 21/22 Dana Hills High School, Dana Point - Contact Kevin Magula -- Kevinm@higherflyers.org

Note that Bubba Sparks will also be coaching at these two clinics.

June 26/27 The Woodlands High School, Houston – Kris Allison

June 28/29 Seven Lakes High School, Houston – Kris Allison

July 1/2 New Braunfels, TX - Kris Allison
kris@lonestarpv.com

Note that Rick Baggett hopes to contribute to all of these clinics. There is just an outside possibility that Roman Botcharnikov will grace us with his presence in Texas.

July 5/6/7 Somewhere in Minnesota – Chris Milton and Phil Ericson
chris.milton@gmail.com

I recommend that any ambitious coach who wants to learn a bit more about how to teach and coach this event, should consider attending one or more of these clinics. It may involve travel and expense but that is the price that many who have committed themselves to understanding the vault have already paid – in spades! In my own case it has involved travelling to London, Paris, Leverkusen, Warsaw, Munich, Formia (on several occasions) and Reno on at least five occasions – all from Australia!
Its what you learn after you know it all that counts. John Wooden

altius
PV Rock Star

Re: Finalised itinerary for Altius clinics

Unread postby altius » Wed May 22, 2013 2:51 am

Less than 40 hits - amazing.

vaultman18
PV Pro
Expertise: College Coach, Former College Vaulter
Favorite Vaulter: Tim Mack

Unread postby vaultman18 » Wed May 22, 2013 6:28 am

altius wrote:June 12/13/14 Sacramento State University – Contact Daniel Isaacs -- dsissaacs18@gmail.com

Just a little house keeping my email is actually dsisaacs18@gmail.com and you can go directly to the event website for full details at http://www.tailwindpolevault.com online registration is linked from there.

altius
PV Rock Star

Unread postby altius » Wed May 22, 2013 8:33 am

Old timers strikes yet again.

cdmilton
PV Follower
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, Coach
Lifetime Best: 16-0(4.88)

Unread postby cdmilton » Wed May 22, 2013 10:10 pm

Here is the information for the camp in Minnesota: http://2013polevaultcamp.eventbrite.com/

It is going to be a great camp!
Chris Milton

birdi_gurlie
PV Pro

Unread postby birdi_gurlie » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:09 am

It's too bad you're not coming to the east coast; I wish I could come as a coach this time!
"That's how God's Word vaults across the skies from sunrise to sunset" Psalm 19:6

birdi_gurlie
PV Pro

Unread postby birdi_gurlie » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:11 am

It's too bad you're not coming to the east coast; I wish I could come as a coach this time!
"That's how God's Word vaults across the skies from sunrise to sunset" Psalm 19:6

altius
PV Rock Star

Unread postby altius » Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:22 am

So do I!!! Would love to catch up with you again. Al

baggettpv
PV Master

Unread postby baggettpv » Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:12 pm

Finished the first practice session with kids in my club. Very good for the kids and boy are they enthusiastic now after 2 hours with Alan. Teaching techniques used are a must see for all coaches. Do NOT mis the clinics if you have a chance be sure to be a part. I will be at Sacramento for danial Isaacs clinic ther so you will get both Alan's teaching techniques and my views on drill skill measurements.

See ya there in Sac (Hopefully!!!)

Rick Baggett
Good coaching is good teaching.

tsorenson
PV Pro
Expertise: masters vaulter, former college vaulter, volunteer HS/club coach, fan, parent

Unread postby tsorenson » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:59 am

My fellow coach and I drove up to Oregon City yesterday, to meet Alan Launder in person, after several years of correspondence via PVP and email. My friend and I have been around a lot of good coaches in our lives, having played almost every sport, and having coached several sports from the youth level, HS, college, and masters. We have been teaching Alan and Rick Baggett's methods since 2009, but still managed to learn a great deal from a few hours in person with them; not just about technical aspects of the vault, but also about the art of coaching young athletes. I can truly say that Alan and Rick are some of the best coaches I have ever met in my life.

I strongly recommend that anyone who can, make the trip to the nearest clinic on the list. Even if you are familiar with BTB, you will enjoy the experience. Coaches are free...bring your athletes if you want them to have the opportunity to learn from the man who literally wrote the book on pole vaulting! Come with an open mind and a willingness to learn, and you won't be disappointed.

Thanks Alan and Rick,

Tom and Jesse
Central Oregon Pole Vaulters

altius
PV Rock Star

Unread postby altius » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:13 pm

Thanks for the plug Tom. Unfortunately it will not help us in California where our proposed clinics are attracting very little interest. Strange really with Baggett –the best coach in Oregon and with Tommy Skipper to his credit, myself – arguably the most experienced teacher of the vault in the world joining together with Daniel Isaacs –the vault coach at Sacramento State for a clinic there and then combining with Kevin Magula –one of the most respected coaches in S. Cal -for two clinics there you would have thought that there would be a few folk curious to see what they might learn.

But I forgot that Californian coaches already know all they need to know – its only in the boonies like Oregon, Minnesota, Texas, Missouri and all points east that the coaches there know they can always learn something – perhaps just one single thing –that may help them do a better job. The strange thing is I did know this Californian phenomenon, but I allowed Bubba Sparks to convince me that I had something to offer – even in S. Cal. There you go –you will always get into trouble if you allow your heart to overrule your head.

altius
PV Rock Star

Unread postby altius » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:20 pm

Well the Huntingdon Beach clinic organised by Kevin Magula went well although with virtually no interest from local coaches. Two outstanding girls took part - they will be a factor in US Junior and senior vaulting for years. Perhaps of even greater interest were two young men - one virtually unknown - who could both be significant players in this event over the next few years. We will see! I was very grateful for the assistance of Corporal Sonny - an enthusiast if there ever was one.

On another note, the clinic in Minneaplis St. Paul is now oversubscribed with athletes and 13 coaches have already indicated they will be attending.

Return to “Website News and Camp/Competition Announcements”