Complete Olympic WPV Qual Video

News about pole vault competitions that occur outside the US and international pole vaulters.
superpipe
PV Pro
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, Masters Vaulter, Club Coach, High School Coach, Parent
Favorite Vaulter: Who else, Bubka.

Complete Olympic WPV Qual Video

Unread postby superpipe » Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:01 pm

With all of the negative feedback on NBC Olympic coverage, I give them a 99% approval solely because of this: They have the COMPLETE womens pole vault qualification video replay stream! It's in full 1080 HD too. Absolutely unreal! My only gripe is there's no way to capture/download the damn stream. They use very complicated data streaming and I couldn't find any program that could handle it. Only option is to use a video screen capture program. It's not worth it though because of the crazy data volume in the captured file and it doesn't seem to work very cleanly with huge files. I'm sure there are tech geeks out there that have ways to capture the complex data stream, but I couldn't find anything. BBC doesn't have any full reply coverage of the vault that I could find. Did they stream the entire live event or was it a mix of all events happening at the time? Anyway, we should all send NBC some crazy good feedback on this full high qualify replay and pray they do it again for the women finals and mens qual and finals:

http://www.nbcolympics.com/video/track- ... round.html

It's mind boggling how great this replay video stream is. It's was even edited to show slo-mo replays of alot of the vaults, close ups of athlete/coach interactions, etc...

Please send NBC good feedback on this from out vault community!

Chris
Chris Mitchell
MitchellPro Vault Club

superpipe
PV Pro
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, Masters Vaulter, Club Coach, High School Coach, Parent

Re: Complete Olympic WPV Qual Video

Unread postby superpipe » Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:04 pm

Want access to BBC Olympic videos? This couldn't be easier and it's free trial is a week long which is perfect for the Olympics:

http://www.unblock-us.com/

You still have access to US stuff with this as well. It just "unblocks" the US IP crap. Doesn't work for eurovisionsports though.
Chris Mitchell
MitchellPro Vault Club

superpipe
PV Pro

Unread postby superpipe » Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:23 pm

NBC Contact page for sending pole vault video feedback. My message wouldn't send though. Maybe it was too long, not sure. I'll try again later.

http://www.nbcolympics.com/contact-us/index.html
Chris Mitchell
MitchellPro Vault Club

fishman4god
PV Pro
Expertise: 4 Time all american 3 college 1 masters,Current high school pole vault coach,current masters vaulter
Lifetime Best: 4.81 m
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Tim Mack

Unread postby fishman4god » Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:24 pm

I'll put my tech geek son on it...............if it can be done easily he will find a way. Details to follow if he is successful.

hardflex
PV Whiz

Unread postby hardflex » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:17 pm

Just watched the Qualifying round. The only think you don't get is a sense of the winds, they must have been bad at times, I can't see Fabiana timing out on her 3rd attempt unless it was awful.

That said, lot's of girls looked bewildered and frustrated, I'm guessing their Coaches were not in position to see much or couldn't communicate it to the athletes. Plenty just ran thru on important jumps. Maybe the wind, maybe nerves, maybe a combination of lots of things.

On to the Finals. ISI looks very tough, Jenn can jump with her if she gets her good jump working. On with the SHOW !

fishman4god
PV Pro
Expertise: 4 Time all american 3 college 1 masters,Current high school pole vault coach,current masters vaulter
Lifetime Best: 4.81 m
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Tim Mack

Unread postby fishman4god » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:04 pm

Ditto to that!

Return to “Pole Vault - International”