Uniform Regulations

News about Elite US pole vaulters and elite competitions that occur on US soil.

Moderators: achtungpv, vaultmd

VaultPurple
PV Lover
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, College Coach, Pole Vault Addict
Favorite Vaulter: Greg Duplantis

Uniform Regulations

Unread postby VaultPurple » Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:02 pm

I was just wondering why some of the rules were the way they are. My biggest is comparing universities to sponsors.

According to IAAF rules, you can only have your sponsors logo so big and so many times and I do not think it can have text on it (you can have a Nike swoosh but not the word Nike across the front of your uniform.

What I do not understand is how can you not have NIKE across the front of a jersey, but you can have OREGON (or any university), or Oregon Track Club across the front.

What is the difference in Nike sponsoring an athlete and putting their logo big and bold across the front, or a club sponsoring the athlete? In the same way, what is the difference between a university name across the front of a jersey and a sponsors name? They are both sponsors. Nike pays athletes ways to meets so that they will compete in their gear and represent Nike in the same way a University sometimes pays for all of an athletes living expenses, food, travel, gear.. ext. And the reason a university pays for all these things is so you will go out, represent the school, and bring positive attention to the university.

73-vaulter
PV Whiz
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, Fan, Parent, High School Coach

Re: Uniform Regulations

Unread postby 73-vaulter » Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:50 pm

It is becouse the Universities are all "good natured and ultruistic". They seek no gain from the athletes as opposed to all the "evil minded" corporations. I do hope my sarcasm bleeds through.

VaultPurple
PV Lover
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, College Coach, Pole Vault Addict
Favorite Vaulter: Greg Duplantis

Unread postby VaultPurple » Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:57 pm

My point exactly. Hardly any university will pay for an athlete to go to the trials if they do not have something to gain from it...

fishman4god
PV Pro
Expertise: 4 Time all american 3 college 1 masters,Current high school pole vault coach,current masters vaulter
Lifetime Best: 4.81 m
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Tim Mack

Unread postby fishman4god » Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:10 pm

Well its all smoke and mirrors......................(read) MONEY!

Return to “Pole Vault - USA Elite”