World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Coaching changes 2012-2013

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:06 am

Who is going where? Post them here!

http://www.therolladailynews.com/sports ... ge-resigns

Miner track assistant Rutledge resigns

Rolla, Mo. —
Kyle Rutledge, an assistant track and field coach at Missouri S&T the past three seasons, has resigned to take a similar position at Pittsburg State University in Pittsburg, Kan.

Rutledge is to begin his duties at Pittsburg State on Monday, July 2.

With the move Rutledge returns to the conference where he gained All-America honors as a pole vaulter and closer to his hometown of Joplin.

He was a standout at Missouri Southern, which is a Mid-America Intercollegiate Athletics Association (MIAA) rival of Pittsburg State.

In fact, Kyle Rutledge’s father, Tom Rutledge, has been Missouri Southern’s track coach for the past 23 seasons.

Now, father will be coaching against son in the MIAA.

“We are excited to have Kyle join our coaching staff,” said Pittsburg State track head coach Russ Jewett. “He has been very successful coaching and recruiting at the NCAA Division II level and is certainly familiar with the MIAA. Kyle has experience coaching just about every event in track and field and he has great organizational skills as well as a super work ethic.”

As a collegiate athlete Kyle Rutledge qualified for the NCAA Division II Indoor and Outdoor Championships every year from 2003-06 in the pole vault, highlighted by a second-place finish indoors in 2006 and a third-place outdoors placement in 2005.

He will focus on the pole vault at Pittsburg State. The past three seasons at S&T he helped continue Miner excellence in that event, as well as coaching S&T to various championships in several other events. He coached several All-America pole vaulters at S&T, including Dan Hellwig in this year’s NCAA Division II Outdoor Championships.

Prior to coming to S&T Rutledge coached two years at Missouri Southern, working with the high jump, long jump, pole vault and multi-events. He spent one season at Johnson County Community College in Overland Park, Kan. before going to S&T, where he has worked with sprinters, hurdlers, jumpers, pole vaulters, throwers and multi-event athletes.

Since 2007 he has coached 23 All-Americas. At S&T he coached athletes who set 19 school records.

“(S&T track head coach Sterling Martin) is an outstanding coach,” Rutledge told the Joplin Globe. “He’s done a great job for me. We’ve worked hard to get the program to have continued success. This was a hard decision from that point. We’ve put in a lot of time on those kids and they are outstanding young men and women.”

Rutledge and his wife, Natalie, have a daughter, Emery, who was born in February of 2012.

The search is currently underway for a new track assistant at S&T.

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"

Re: Coaching changes 2012-2013

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:58 pm

Melinda Owen is going to volunteer coach at Montana

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:26 am

Chris Bostwick to Clemson

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:13 pm

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:43 am

James Litchfield (younger brother of Paul Litchfield) to Northwest Nazarene.

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:47 am

Our very own DJ is coaching at East Tennessee State!!

http://www.etsubucs.com/mcc/news/2012-1 ... t-coaches/

Watts announces hiring of Johnston, Goetz as assistant coaches

Thursday, September 13, 2012

JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. (Sept. 13, 2012) – Director of ETSU Track & Field/Cross Country George Watts announced the hiring of two assistant coaches on Thursday, as David “DJ” Johnston and Daniel Goetz have joined the Buccaneer program.

Johnston will specialize in assisting with jumps and multis, while Goetz will work with cross country, distance and mid-distance disciplines.

Johnston comes to ETSU having spent the last 40 years coaching track & field at numerous institutions. He is most noted for the creation of the Six-Stride Mark Chart, which deals with the approach run speeds in long jump and pole vault, as well as stride lengths and performance success. Johnston was a three-time Collegiate All-American in Track & Field at the University of Central Arkansas, where he also won the NAIA National Indoor Championship in the long jump. He is also a member of the Arkansas Track and Field Hall of Fame.

“I am very excited to have DJ as part of the track & field staff at ETSU,” Watts said. “He brings a wealth of knowledge and experience to the program. DJ is committed to elevating the jumps and multis group to the next tier, and will energize our student-athletes immediately.”

Return to “Pole Vault - College”