Help Analyzing this Vault?

This is a forum to discuss pole vault technique as it relates to intermediate level pole vaulting.
WiscoVaulter
PV Wannabe
Expertise: College Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 5.11m
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Jan Johnson

Help Analyzing this Vault?

Unread postby WiscoVaulter » Fri May 18, 2012 6:23 pm

Hi, I am a high school sophomore with a PR of 14 feet, I have watched the video of me jumping literally hundreds of times, There are a variety of things I have identified that need to be fixed, i think the most notably would be turning earlier. I will post a video of me going 14 feet and 13'6" at the same meet. Also it was just one of those meets where you are under the whole time, i generally don't have a problem with being under. Any kind of analyzing would be appreciated from the run, to the plant to the swing up, anything. I am 5'11" coming from a six step at 73 feet. The green pole is a 14 165lbs, and the white one is a 15 150lbs
Thanks for watching them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-h6pYStzb8M fourteen feet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNFEEzpfDiI thirteen, six feet
Adversity cause some men to break; others to break records.

— William A Ward

dlevear
PV Beginner
Expertise: Current College Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 4.30m
Favorite Vaulter: Giuseppe Gibilisco

Re: Help Analyzing this Vault?

Unread postby dlevear » Mon May 21, 2012 1:10 pm

I thought the 13'6 jump was pretty nice. The 14' jump was a little scary... You shouldn't grip so high that your standards are at 17"! But the 13'6 jump looked nice and you could have raised your grip a bit from where it was there, although maybe not as high as you had it for the 14' jump. Hope that helps.

Jungm1420
PV Nerd
Expertise: Sophomore High School Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 14'

Re: Help Analyzing this Vault?

Unread postby Jungm1420 » Tue May 22, 2012 5:32 pm

What are your standards at on the 13'6 jump? And do you know what your grip heights were for each jump? Because with the 14' pole depending on the brand you should be able to grip at 13'9 which is where you would need to grip for a 14'6 jump. And u only need a grip of 13'2-13'5 for 13'6 and 14' jumps. These marks come off of the mid mark chart. It is made from averages but i use it and it works pretty well.

Return to “Pole Vault - Intermediate Technique”