All things masters pole vaulting.

Moderators: Russ, vaultmd

master
PV Lover
Expertise: Masters Vaulter, Volunteer HS Coach, Former College Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 4.36m

Re: Howard Booth Articles

Unread postby master » Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:54 pm

Bubba, by younger vaulters I was referring to the college vault squad Howard jumps with.

....That being said, you are 8 years 11 months younger than Howard, and 7 years 3 months younger than I.
But then again, who's counting? ;)
- master . . . http://www.plvlt.com

Bubba PV
PV Lover
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, High School Coach, College Coach, Former Elite Vaulter, Masters Vaulter, FAN
Lifetime Best: 5.51
Favorite Vaulter: Bubka

Unread postby Bubba PV » Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:36 pm

That is also precisely why I refer to you both as "sir"; besides the fact that I GREATLY repesct your vaulting ability.
Bubba Sparks - www.bubbapv.com

Support Becca & Pole Vault Power

Vaulting prof
PV Fan
Expertise: Masters Vaulter, Former Collegiate vaulter 1963-4, College coach

Unread postby Vaulting prof » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:45 pm

Again, Wow! And Thanks for pulling together all those nice articles. I did have a great year but I'm not sure I deserve all this attention. It's been quite an adventure getting back into pole vaulting (and on good days other events) not only have the athletic challenges have been cranked way up, but the opportunity to get to know a great group of new friends has been equally rewarding. All of us going through the shared cycles of progress, injury, good luck,and fickle fates -always having the wonderful support from other vaulters-- who really know.
I'm gearing up for the Indoor Season-- will see a bunch of you then.

Thanks,

Howard, aka vaultingprof

Wilson, yes I did figure out who you were and sorry we didn't get a chance to talk. I was a bit bummed over re-injuring my leg so soon in the competition and not as social as I could have been. Then, we were both distracted as John -- once again started doing his amazing flights into the air.
Use it or loose it

Return to “Pole Vault - Masters”