Replacement bung (tip) sizes

A forum to discuss everything to do with pole vaulting equipment: poles, pits, spikes, etc.

Moderator: Barto

Dutch
PV Newbie
Expertise: Current masters vaulter
Lifetime Best: 4.11m
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Dutch Warmerdam

Replacement bung (tip) sizes

Unread postby Dutch » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:09 am

I'm looking to buy some replacement bungs, for where our bank of poles is missing them or they are damaged.

It's fairly easy to get an accurate measurement of the pole-end outside and inside diameters, and I can read across from the inside diameters onto the Gill/Pacer V-system. However, I can't find equivalent sizing information for Spirit bungs. I have emailed UCS and have checked this thread: http://www.polevaultpower.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13490

Can anyone help? All I want is the outside diameter of the middle part of Spirit bungs, by bung number. Alternatively, the pole inside diameters that each of the Spirit bungs is intended to fit.

In short, I just need the equivalent information to the Gill info that I already have.

Many thanks for anyone who can help with these sizes. I would like to respectfully decline, in advance, advice on alternative approaches such as looking up mandrel sizes or trying known bung sizes. Those have all been covered and we're now at the stage where we need to know the Spirit bung sizes.

Skyfly
PV Nerd
Expertise: Former High School Vaulter, High School and Club Coach

Re: Replacement bung (tip) sizes

Unread postby Skyfly » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:45 pm

There is a number written on the bottom 6 inches of the pole. The number is the size tip you need.

Dutch
PV Newbie
Expertise: Current masters vaulter
Lifetime Best: 4.11m
Favorite Vaulter: Dutch Warmerdam

Re: Replacement bung (tip) sizes

Unread postby Dutch » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:10 am

Just to reiterate:

Dutch wrote:All I want is the outside diameter of the middle part of Spirit bungs, by bung number. Alternatively, the pole inside diameters that each of the Spirit bungs is intended to fit.

Many thanks for anyone who can help with these sizes. I would like to respectfully decline, in advance, advice on alternative approaches such as looking up mandrel sizes or trying known bung sizes. Those have all been covered and we're now at the stage where we need to know the Spirit bung sizes.

The information is easy to find for Gill, but I'm looking for the equivalent Spirit table.

Return to “Pole Vault - Equipment”