Wrist/forearm guard needed

A forum to discuss everything to do with pole vaulting equipment: poles, pits, spikes, etc.

Moderator: Barto

bigdaddy
PV Beginner

Wrist/forearm guard needed

Unread postby bigdaddy » Thu Jul 29, 2004 6:28 pm

Can any one tell me where I can buy one of those padded wrist/forearm padded guards I see some people using?

zack

Unread postby zack » Thu Jul 29, 2004 6:44 pm

Bell Athletics makes them but I don't think they're on their website. www.bellathletics.com

jhesch
PV Pro

Unread postby jhesch » Thu Jul 29, 2004 8:05 pm

sweat bands work fine, thats what i use and my wrist is bruise free

theflyingkorean
PV Follower

Unread postby theflyingkorean » Fri Jul 30, 2004 12:23 pm

you can use a small shinguard too, it works pretty well if you really need some protection.

Skyin' Brian
PV Master

Unread postby Skyin' Brian » Fri Jul 30, 2004 1:06 pm

what i like to do is wait a few weeks until your forearm gets used to it and then dont worry about it anymore, but you should do whatever gives you the most confidence running down the runway

Russ
PV Master

Unread postby Russ » Tue Dec 21, 2004 11:08 pm

I have a strong preference for size small (youth) football forearm pads. A couple of companies make them. Adams brand is my favorite. A year or so ago I did an internet search and I found a couple of places that sold them at a reasonable price.
Russ

"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

DFW-ELITEpv
PV Wannabe

forearm protection

Unread postby DFW-ELITEpv » Wed Dec 22, 2004 11:57 am

Baseball batters forearm guard is made with a thin plastic embeded in the wrist band. it's light and comfortable, not bulky. The manufacture is Franklin or Rawlins and it comes in colors.

Forget soccer and football shin guards or pads.

vaultmd
PV Enthusiast
Expertise: Masters Vaulter, Coach, Doctor
Lifetime Best: 475
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Laura Huarte

Unread postby vaultmd » Wed Dec 22, 2004 1:17 pm

Just block out like crazy and you won't need a wrist guard. Of course, you won't jump very high, either :o

polecat
PV Fan

Unread postby polecat » Wed Dec 22, 2004 3:36 pm

The best forearm guards I have seen are sold by a gymnastics equipment supply company called GMR Gymnastics Supplies. Their website is www.ten-o.com. The forearm guard is called a "RIP Buster." Click to the Training Room-Wrist Supplies location on their web site to find the item. My daughter used to complain about forearm bruises, but not after she started using this piece of equipment.

achtungpv
PV Rock Star

Unread postby achtungpv » Wed Dec 22, 2004 7:39 pm

vaultmd wrote:Just block out like crazy and you won't need a wrist guard. Of course, you won't jump very high, either :o

Come on, everyone knows that that how high you jump is proportional to how big of a bend you get. How else are you gonna get that big bend without a big left arm!?!?! :confused:

A very well respected coach actually preaches that. Goes to show you that coaching success depends way more on the athlete than the coach.
"You have some interesting coaching theories that seem to have little potential."

Return to “Pole Vault - Equipment”