whats your favorite spike?

A forum to discuss everything to do with pole vaulting equipment: poles, pits, spikes, etc.

Moderator: Barto

vault3r
PV Newbie

whats your favorite spike?

Unread postby vault3r » Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:26 pm

i was looking around for some spikes for next season. which spikes would you guys recommend? thanks.

Skyin' Brian
PV Master

Unread postby Skyin' Brian » Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:04 pm

Can't go wrong with 1/4 inch pyramid although I've always been partial to Ceramic Omni-Lite 1/4" Christmas Tree spikes in the color Olympic Gold (yeah, dreaming I know but that is what is in my shoes).

http://www.omni-lite.com/usage.php

If you are taking shoes, I have yet to find a pair I liked as much as the 2003 nike LJ's. (does Jeff Hartwig still wear these?)

I know that you can use the search feature and find several threads about spikes, basically if money is no object, most name brand jump spikes are good and if you want to save some bucks go with a cheap mid-distance spike as it will work just as well for less money.

or if you are the best in the world you can just ask nike for some that match your uniform

usatf.org

txpolevaulter_k25
PV Follower
Expertise: Current college decathlete
Lifetime Best: 15'

Unread postby txpolevaulter_k25 » Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:23 pm

Skyin' Brian wrote:Can't go wrong with 1/4 inch pyramid although I've always been partial to Ceramic Omni-Lite 1/4" Christmas Tree spikes in the color Olympic Gold (yeah, dreaming I know but that is what is in my shoes).

http://www.omni-lite.com/usage.php

If you are taking shoes, I have yet to find a pair I liked as much as the 2003 nike LJ's. (does Jeff Hartwig still wear these?)

I know that you can use the search feature and find several threads about spikes, basically if money is no object, most name brand jump spikes are good and if you want to save some bucks go with a cheap mid-distance spike as it will work just as well for less money.

or if you are the best in the world you can just ask nike for some that match your uniform

usatf.org

where can i find those black and yellow spikes that is exactly what i am looking for
"Bravery is the ability to get the job done when you are scared to death."

VTechVaulter
PV Lover
Expertise: Current Elite Vaulter, College Volunteer Coach, HUGE FAN

Unread postby VTechVaulter » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:44 pm

you cant im afraid... unless your on nikes special lists
Brian Mondschein
Philadelphia Jumps Club, Coach and Co-Founder
www.phillyjumpsclub.com

theczar
PV Follower
Expertise: Coach/Former College Athlete
Lifetime Best: 17'1"

Unread postby theczar » Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:15 pm

get the Nike PV lites and do a ghetto spray paint job!

but seriously, I use Mizuno TJ/PV spikes and I love 'em! They're sturdy and quick, with an awesome spike plate that makes you want to rock onto your toes as you run.

txpolevaulter_k25
PV Follower

Unread postby txpolevaulter_k25 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:43 am

theczar wrote:get the Nike PV lites and do a ghetto spray paint job!

but seriously, I use Mizuno TJ/PV spikes and I love 'em! They're sturdy and quick, with an awesome spike plate that makes you want to rock onto your toes as you run.

yeah i like the spary paint idea lol j/k, i am thinking about getting those reebok spikes that are white and yellow, has anybody tried those?

theczar
PV Follower
Expertise: Coach/Former College Athlete
Lifetime Best: 17'1"

Unread postby theczar » Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:30 pm

txpolevaulter_k25 wrote:

yeah i like the spary paint idea lol j/k, i am thinking about getting those reebok spikes that are white and yellow, has anybody tried those?

I've never used them but I know a couple people that use them and love 'em...

txpolevaulter_k25
PV Follower

Unread postby txpolevaulter_k25 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:46 pm

theczar wrote:
txpolevaulter_k25 wrote:

I've never used them but I know a couple people that use them and love 'em...

alright looks like that is what i am going to go with unless i can get the new nike pv shoes before track season starts, because they are black and would match my new pole and uniform

Return to “Pole Vault - Equipment”