Pit purchase

A forum to discuss everything to do with pole vaulting equipment: poles, pits, spikes, etc.

Moderator: Barto

lakesidepv
PV Wannabe

Pit purchase

Unread postby lakesidepv » Thu Oct 17, 2002 6:18 pm

We met with our School Board a few nights ago and they Okd the purchase of NEW PITS! We are very excited here at our school because now we can participate in the sport we all love. I'm not gloating over here, but it's nice that our school finally treated Track and Field like any other sport that has a rule change. I hope that all of you out there have success in getting equipment, too.

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Thu Oct 17, 2002 6:24 pm

Awesome! :yes:

wacky274
PV Follower

Unread postby wacky274 » Thu Oct 17, 2002 6:26 pm

sweet...lol, i'm still just hoping some of the schools in our district decide to get new pits though....it'll really suck if they dont....i mean last year i almost didnt jump our first me (by my choice) cause the pits were too small....fortunately i made, yes made lol, them get some high jump pits and add them to the back
Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them-a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill. - Muhammad Ali

Talent in cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work.
-Stephen King

Azbeachboy1
PV Follower
Expertise: College coach
Lifetime Best: 17’1”
Favorite Vaulter: Toby

Unread postby Azbeachboy1 » Thu Oct 17, 2002 8:56 pm

Yeah I set my school record last year and was the best vaulter they'v ever had, they decided to get new pits this year when I already graduated, thanx school! :devil:
Just fly high, and KISS THE SKY!!!

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Thu Oct 17, 2002 9:04 pm

Azbeachboy1 wrote:Yeah I set my school record last year and was the best vaulter they'v ever had, they decided to get new pits this year when I already graduated, thanx school! :devil:

Yes my high school did the EXACT same thing! :P

Robert schmitt
PV Lover

Unread postby Robert schmitt » Thu Oct 17, 2002 9:15 pm

Burlington is getting new pits haowever the school is only giving 1000 for them. I just spoke at Kiwanas this afternoon. Thankfully the head coach is committed to getting this done (probably dosn't want to lose our sophmore state champ from last year) and ordered the pits already and worked out a three year payment plan to give us time to scrap up $$$.

Robert schmitt
PV Lover

Unread postby Robert schmitt » Thu Oct 17, 2002 9:17 pm

oh yeah... Congats to lakeside for gettong it done :D

Azbeachboy1
PV Follower
Expertise: College coach
Lifetime Best: 17’1”
Favorite Vaulter: Toby

Unread postby Azbeachboy1 » Thu Oct 17, 2002 11:35 pm

rainbowgirl28 wrote:
Azbeachboy1 wrote:Yeah I set my school record last year and was the best vaulter they'v ever had, they decided to get new pits this year when I already graduated, thanx school! :devil:

Yes my high school did the EXACT same thing! :P
But you know what I'm thinking, I think it takes a great vaulter at a school to get good pits. So of course if there is a great vaulter at a school then people will love to watch him, see the schools name on his uniform and the school will get better recognition. THe school will get batter pits so that other vaulters will have better facilities to get better on. After all, we all know that besides the 100m dash, the vault is the most exciting event for spectators and fans to watch. :D
Just fly high, and KISS THE SKY!!!

VaultFreak
PV Whiz

Unread postby VaultFreak » Thu Oct 17, 2002 11:50 pm

Yeah, we got new pits last year (we never get to host meets because we don't have a track) because our other ones were really old and one of our good vaulters got hurt "because of the pits" riiight. Anyway, we have three promising vaulters on our team, which makes our coaches and school excited about getting us new stuff!! :D I always say it's all mine, because I get excited too, but it stinks because the other good ones practice elsewhere during the season while I'm the only one vaulting on the pits. The beginners would rather work on "their" events.
Pole Vaulters get high!

h2ojunkie42
PV Beginner

Unread postby h2ojunkie42 » Fri Oct 18, 2002 1:21 am

yeah i remember that meet brandon. wasn't that in like yuma? you did pretty good there. to bad i NHed :(

yeah "The beginners would rather work on "their" events." what are they talking about, vaulting IS the only event lol.
Plant, Step, Jump (Take off and fly)!

wacky274
PV Follower

Unread postby wacky274 » Fri Oct 18, 2002 2:24 am

yeah allison(vaultfreak), lol, you're exactly "riiiight"....he got hurt cause the pits huh? oh wait, or was it the lack of PUTTING THE COVER ON, lol.....this is why some people say it's teh most dangerous sport, lol, but they dont realize it's not the vault that is unsafe but the vaulters.....j/k j/k....stevens a real good jumper, just had to get some trash talk going, lo, but i give him my respect...

and david (h2ojunkie42), yeah yuma sucked....that guy, i couldnt believe him "were not going to wait aroudn all night for you to PR" but ya....i jumped 14' 6" that meet, so eh, it was a pretty good meet, especially for being the first of the season
Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them-a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill. - Muhammad Ali

Talent in cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work.

-Stephen King

lavasteal
PV Beginner

Unread postby lavasteal » Fri Oct 18, 2002 5:44 pm

how did you go about getting the school to get new mats? i dont' believe we are allowed to use ours anymore. i have the girls record at my school by a foot and a half. i placed 6th in states and i don't know if i will be able to vault come this winter. what people did you go to to get the mats?
Who else gets to say they fly?

Return to “Pole Vault - Equipment”