Pit purchase

A forum to discuss everything to do with pole vaulting equipment: poles, pits, spikes, etc.

Moderator: Barto

dubjones
PV Nerd

Pits

Unread postby dubjones » Mon Oct 21, 2002 2:36 pm

Just to let everyone know, Just about evey company is offering a pit extention, or an addition to your existing pit to make it meet the new specs. Prices range, but hover around $2500, depending on what needs to be done.
If you need an extention, or a new pit, feel free to call BellAthletics, we will be happy to tell you what you need for your current pit, to bring it up to the new specs.
Here is another idea we have come across also. There are a fiew schools using there old PV pits, (rear sections only) as a High Jump pit, which is usually a very large HJ pit. And purchasing new PV pits.
1-800-753-7332-Bell Athletics
Dub

VaultFreak
PV Whiz

Unread postby VaultFreak » Tue Oct 22, 2002 12:23 am

Ours were just really old and crappy and we had some money and a good vault team so our coach felt we deserved it, we got lucky. But now the other good vaulters are "too good" to use them so now their all mine!! :devil: (I was the first to jump on them!! :D ) Anyway.... yeah, Steven is good, just completely accident prone :confused:
Pole Vaulters get high!

wacky274
PV Follower

Unread postby wacky274 » Tue Oct 22, 2002 12:35 am

yeah, i'm siked....i found out that we MIGHT be getting new pits....it's a possibility, but were not sure yet...i'm just hoping we do...i mean ours are fairly nice size and stuff, but the age is starting to show......well, that and we might be getting an all terrain runway (our runway blows horribly)....i'd rather have the runway though, i mean the pits are at least decent and usable
Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them-a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill. - Muhammad Ali

Talent in cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work.
-Stephen King

VaultFreak
PV Whiz

Unread postby VaultFreak » Tue Oct 22, 2002 12:55 am

Geez B, I can't keep up with you. There getting brand new equipment over at GCC now, finally, I couldn't stand vaulting at that place.
Pole Vaulters get high!

wacky274
PV Follower

Unread postby wacky274 » Tue Oct 22, 2002 1:05 am

lol, yeah, they're getting all new stuff this year....we may even end up vaulting out there...we dont know yet....but like yeah, i've bottomed out on GCC's old pits, thats why they brought in diff pits last year ( i had to talk to coach guy to tell him they needed diff ones)
Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them-a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill. - Muhammad Ali

Talent in cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work.

-Stephen King

Return to “Pole Vault - Equipment”