PV Camps

A forum to discuss anything that has to do with pole vaulting that does not fit in the other forums.

Moderators: Russ, lonpvh

Kails21
PV Newbie

PV Camps

Unread postby Kails21 » Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:45 pm

I'm looking at camps for next summer, and I was just wondering which camps everyone thinks are the best. Right now I'm looking at Rick Attig’s POLE VAULT UNIVERSITY in Kansas. Has anyone on here been to this camp or heard anything about it? Or like to tell me about your experiences at other camps? Then I can save my money over the winter. :)
If you were wondering, right now I'm a Junior in high school, and my PR is 8'6".

Vault Chick
PV Pro
Expertise: College Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 10'8"
Favorite Vaulter: Tye Harvey

PV Camp

Unread postby Vault Chick » Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:42 am

My favorite pole vault camp, well the only one I have been to, is Jan Johnson's Skyjumpers camp. It is so much fun, and Jan has the best sense of humor. I've been to the summer one, and you have a blast. The website is www.skyjumpers.com. I don't know where your from, but the one that I think is the best is the camp he has during July at his house in San Luis Obispo, CA. He has 4 pole vault pits, and about 3 coaches at each pit. He also has so many drills you can do. It is so much fun! You would probably go as a camper person, and stay in the hotel with the group, and then there are vans that take you to the camp every day. Lilke I said billions of times, it is so much fun, and laid back. You can also go surfing, and there is a halfpipe there also. People from all over go to this camp, including people from outside of the country! It's just a blast, and I'm already saving my $ for next year! If you were to go to the camp I was talking about, and do the hotel and all of that, which is included in the price, it is about $420, but that includes the camp, the hotel, all the food, (a Chinese buffet we go to one night) surfing, everything! I recommend this one, because it is so much fun. Well, I could go on and on, but I'll stop there! lol (finally) Hope to hear what you have to say!-Ashley
PR: 10'8" (so far!)
Chico State Track + Field!

jr
PV Nerd

Unread postby jr » Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:46 am

Jan Johnson hosts camps in your area and I think Don Hood also has a camp up your way.
Jerry

theczar
PV Follower
Expertise: Coach/Former College Athlete
Lifetime Best: 17'1"

Unread postby theczar » Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:25 pm

I went to Attig's camp when he was in Nebraska. It would have been a great camp if there wern't 150 people there and it rained 2 out of the 4 days.

jr
PV Nerd

Unread postby jr » Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:18 pm

Illinois College in Jacksonville, Illinois is having 4 camps, all on Sundays. Nov. 19 & 26 and Dec. 10 & 17. Vault sessions from 2 to 4 and 4 to 6. Also having high jump and long jump camps at same time. Limited number of participants. Designed mainly for Jr high and high school kids.
Jerry

MightyMouse
PV Follower

Unread postby MightyMouse » Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:40 pm

Bell Athletics is amazing, but a little pricey. Itll pay off though
www.bellathletics.com
19 Years Old
Coach: Val Osipenko
"Hard work never goes to waste"
Petrov/Launder student

Vault Chick
PV Pro
Expertise: College Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 10'8"
Favorite Vaulter: Tye Harvey

Bell Athletics

Unread postby Vault Chick » Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:51 pm

Yes! I want to go to Bell Athletics sooo bad! The only thing is, is that I live in CA!
PR: 10'8" (so far!)
Chico State Track + Field!

MightyMouse
PV Follower

Unread postby MightyMouse » Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:20 pm

I live in VA, and had to save up for a while, but when I finally got there it was worth it :yes:
19 Years Old

Coach: Val Osipenko

"Hard work never goes to waste"

Petrov/Launder student

vcpvcoach
PV Pro
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, High School Coach, Parent

Unread postby vcpvcoach » Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:57 am

Jan Johnson will be in the suburbs of Chicago at Maine South HS, Park Ridge, Illinois Feb 17-18, 2007. I think the cost is around a $135 but don't quote me on that number. Send me an e-mail and I will send you the details when they become available.

This is a great way to kick off the season. Its indoor with four pits in Maine South's Field House.

And, its about two and half hours from Madison.

lisab
PV Newbie

Unread postby lisab » Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:48 am

bell athletics

Kails21
PV Newbie

Unread postby Kails21 » Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:00 pm

Thanks you guys for all the info! This really helps!

Kailee

Return to “Pole Vault - General”