College

A forum to discuss anything that has to do with pole vaulting that does not fit in the other forums.

Moderators: Russ, lonpvh

Jungm1420
PV Nerd
Expertise: Sophomore High School Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 14'
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie

College

Unread postby Jungm1420 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:42 pm

Does anyone know of any division II schools that have an engineering program? I am a freshmen in college and am going to transfer schools to get a bachelors degree in mechanical engineering. I pole vaulted in high school and PR'd at 14'. I have had several D II school want me to come vault but none of them have engineering. I really want to pole vault in college but also need to make sure I go somewhere with engineering.

PV2020
PV Whiz
Expertise: Former College Vaulter
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Lázaro Borges

Re: College

Unread postby PV2020 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:08 am

Queens University in Charlotte has Engineering and has recently added a new pole vault coach.

KirkB
PV Rock Star
Expertise: Former College Vaulter; Former Elite Vaulter; Former Coach; Fan
Lifetime Best: 5.34
Favorite Vaulter: Thiago da Silva

Unread postby KirkB » Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:48 am

Jungm1420 wrote: I am a freshmen in college and am going to transfer schools to get a bachelors degree in mechanical engineering. I pole vaulted in high school and PR'd at 14'.

Better update your profile stats. If you're a college freshman now, they look to be 3 years out of date.

Kirk
Run. Plant. Jump. Stretch. Whip. Extend. Fly. Clear. There is no tuck! THERE IS NO DELAY!

Oldcoach
PV Nerd

Unread postby Oldcoach » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:01 pm

Trine University(NAIA) in Angola,IN and Rose-Hulman University (Div III) in Terre Haute,IN.Both are excellent Engineering schools with nice T&F facilities both indoor and outdoor.

Return to “Pole Vault - General”