You know ur obsessed w/ pv when:

A forum to discuss anything that has to do with pole vaulting that does not fit in the other forums.

Moderators: Russ, lonpvh

Carolina Extreme
PV Follower
Favorite Vaulter: Chase Shealy

Unread postby Carolina Extreme » Sun Jan 02, 2005 12:37 pm

I can't tell you how many times as a real estate agent I was showing buyers a home and thought to myself... "If I bought this home, I could put a runway and pit over there".

The highway signs always get me too. Except I don't think I can do it, I think I'm way past being able to clear those heights. I recall meets where my vaulters cleared those heights. Brings back great memories too... maybe thats why I enjoy trips so much. LOL

When you put up a high bar at the top of the stairs for your kids to run up the stairs leading to their rooms, and takeoff, grab the high bar and swing. Yep, we did that at our last house.

When you have ropes, high bar, and trampoline in your yard. And then there is the pit under the Pecan tree for the kids to jump from various heights up to about 23 feet. :eek: You know I'm hooked. :D
“Mediocre efforts are like meaty okra. It’s hard to chew and even tougher to swallow.” Rusty Shealy

GirlPoleVaulter87
PV Whiz

Unread postby GirlPoleVaulter87 » Mon Jan 03, 2005 11:33 am

my future house is difinitely going to be pimped out with pole vault equipment!! :D

almost makes me wanna grow up right now!
"Let's launch over it!"

izzystikchik
PV Follower
Location: MARQUETTE UNIVERSITY in Milwaukee, WI. ~ My home town is in OakPark, IL

Unread postby izzystikchik » Mon Jan 03, 2005 11:45 am

I'm guilty of having pole vault poster's all over my room! (Jeff Hartwig is a hotty!) Also if your school locker has a ton of pole vault pictures as well!

But my team mates have "Pole Vaulting" put on the back of their letterman jackets. I would get that too but i don't have the $$$.

i_heart_pv
PV Fan

Unread postby i_heart_pv » Mon Jan 03, 2005 12:10 pm

when your friends start to worrry whether you have a social life besides pole vaulting....

when you cant stop making sexual innuendos about poles...haha

rabbit1
PV Beginner

Unread postby rabbit1 » Mon Jan 03, 2005 5:05 pm

Last year we jumped inside Ty Barrington's house.
Your plant looks like a deer camp squat!

souleman
PV Lover
Lifetime Best: 12-7.5
Favorite Vaulter: Bob Seagren, Bob Richards

Unread postby souleman » Mon Jan 03, 2005 5:18 pm

Ooh, Ooh I got one! (and I bet every single one of you do the same thing). You are obsessed with PV when any time you see a guy or gal vault, just the moment they plant and start to take off, your right leg (if you vault right handed) involuntarily starts lifting up and you find your self leaning your sholders back. You might not know you're doing it, but check it out next time. You'll start busting out laughing and then truly know that you ARE obsessed with this goofy sport. Later.................Mike

swtvault
PV Pro
Expertise: Part time semi elite vaulter--5.35 season best in 2009
Lifetime Best: 5.52

Unread postby swtvault » Mon Jan 03, 2005 6:12 pm

You make a soundtrack to the great pole vault dvd's C'Mon! and Bring It!
-You call your friends to talk about pole vaulting

I have thought about dubbing a soundtrack to video also. In my opinion, "Cliffs of Dover" By Eric Johnson would be the greatest intro song to any vault video. If you haven't heard it, ya gotta check it out!

southpolevaultzx
PV Beginner

Unread postby southpolevaultzx » Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:34 am

souleman wrote:Ooh, Ooh I got one! (and I bet every single one of you do the same thing). You are obsessed with PV when any time you see a guy or gal vault, just the moment they plant and start to take off, your right leg (if you vault right handed) involuntarily starts lifting up and you find your self leaning your sholders back. You might not know you're doing it, but check it out next time. You'll start busting out laughing and then truly know that you ARE obsessed with this goofy sport. Later.................Mike

That is definately something everyone does.

How about when you marry a vaulter, and , when you have a kid, start doing drills on them as soon as you get them home? (a guy on my team did this with his daughter)
Or you only date vaulters because no one else understands why you must get up every morning and start doing vault drills 'to make sure they didn't slip away last night'
'Hey, what do you vault?'

'11', 11'6", it varies'

---What does it take to win? Lots of Dr.Pepper!

toki
PV Nerd

Unread postby toki » Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:31 am

when you can relate to everything everyone has said.

Oh yeah, and what gets you through the school day is know that you get to vault after school.
Its not just about working hard.. its about thinking hard too.

MightyMouse
PV Follower

Unread postby MightyMouse » Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:39 am

When you dont do your homework because your browsing neovault
19 Years Old
Coach: Val Osipenko
"Hard work never goes to waste"
Petrov/Launder student

lonestar
PV Lover

Unread postby lonestar » Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:54 am

toki wrote:Oh yeah, and what gets you through the school day is know that you get to vault after school.

That's a great one! Got me through high school and college.
Any scientist who can't explain to an eight-year-old what he is doing is a charlatan. K Vonnegut

Robert schmitt
PV Lover

Unread postby Robert schmitt » Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:18 pm

when your a mod for polevaultpower.com
An optimist is one who sees a light in darkness....a pessimist blows it out.

Return to “Pole Vault - General”