PV Club - How to?

A forum to discuss anything that has to do with pole vaulting that does not fit in the other forums.

Moderators: Russ, lonpvh

Gary_vaulter
PV Fan
Expertise: HS/MS Coach, 81' HS State_Champ, Parent, Master's PR - 10'8" in June 2015
Lifetime Best: 13'3"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Bob Seagren

PV Club - How to?

Unread postby Gary_vaulter » Fri May 25, 2018 11:30 am

Hello.

I have been working with another coach for a few years, volunteer coaching area HS vaulters. He and I have long been searching for a building we can set up to vault in and it is possible we have finally found a space.
Problem is, now that we may have finally found one, we are now faced with the realization that neither of us knows how to handle the "business" of having a Club like this.

Insurance, collecting dues to pay rent/utilities/equipment and maybe paying a small coaching stipend ?
We are coaches not business guys :(

I was hoping that someone out there who is already running a polevault club like this could point me to a link that told you how to do this ... or at least share any advice on how to make it work.

"If we could only find a place to set up indoors" was always such a great dream ... but the reality is starting to seem a lot more complicated than just signing a lease. :confused:

Thanks,
Gary

Return to “Pole Vault - General”