Should the "Pole Vault Manifesto" be a Sticky?

A forum to get help with any features of the message board, or to post suggestions for the board or website.

Moderator: ashcraftpv

Should the Pole Vault Manifesto be a stick?

Yes
50%
No
50%
What is a sticky?
No votes
Mecham is cool
No votes

Total votes: 4

Mecham
PV Lover

Should the "Pole Vault Manifesto" be a Sticky?

Unread postby Mecham » Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:40 am

Here is a poll and just a place to talk about the manifesto becoming a sticky, whether for or opposed. :)

SO what do you think?

Sticky or No Sticky?
Just you wait...

wacky274
PV Follower

Unread postby wacky274 » Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:19 am

I think it's the moderators choices as to whether it should be a sticky or not...if you are that serious about it, PM Becca about it
Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them-a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill. - Muhammad Ali

Talent in cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work.
-Stephen King

PaulVaulter
PV Nerd

Unread postby PaulVaulter » Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:26 am

I think it is a bit unfair creating this thread and putting more pressure on Becca to do something that she doesn't seem to want to, but I do think her idea of a "sticky" with links to the best threads is a good idea.

I think it would help a lot to be able to refer to this well described model in answers to posts, instead of telling everyone to purchase 'Beginner to Bubka' (sorry Altius, hope this doesnt affect your income). Although I still think that anyone who comes on the board asking 'How do I bend the pole?' type questions definately needs it. In fact every serious vaulter should probably have a copy of the book anyway.

There was also a great post by achtungpv in the 'difference in technique' thread about the continuous chain model which could also be used in a similar way.

Whatever Becca decides is law, but Im kinda with Mecham on this one.
Aim high, then at least if you miss you won't shoot yourself in the foot.

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:34 am

I already told you no.

When I get time, I have a solution that will make everyone happy.

Return to “Help and Suggestions”