AOL Users Having Trouble Registering?

A forum to get help with any features of the message board, or to post suggestions for the board or website.

Moderator: ashcraftpv

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

AOL Users Having Trouble Registering?

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:17 pm

If you are an AOL user and you are having trouble registering, read on.

I recently activated a confirmation code that you must enter before you can sign up for the site. This prevents bots from joining the site. Many AOL users on PHPbb forums everywhere are having trouble seeing this confirmation code.

I am sorry if it is causing people an inconvenience.

The first thing you should try is opening a different web browser. The problem seems to be the worst with AOL's browser. I recommend Firefox.

If that still does not work, it may be easiest to register for the site somewhere else... your school, library, work, etc. You only need to enter the code when you initially register, so it should not be a problem for you down the road.

If that is not an option for you, email me and I can manually sign you up myself.

Lord of the Poles
PV Master

Unread postby Lord of the Poles » Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:05 pm

Firefox is the way to go, no matter WHAT the problem :)
All Hail the Legendary Sobe Beverage

Blackened Sun - My Personal Site

jhesch
PV Pro

Unread postby jhesch » Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:43 am

What is the big deal with FireFox?

Lord of the Poles
PV Master

Unread postby Lord of the Poles » Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:04 am

It's a new browser that is just waaaaaaaay better than IE.

Pages load faster, more security, better built in programs for pop up/program blockers (like viruses downloading from flash files)

It has an awesome link toolbar on top that you can keep certain links in there if you wanted to (I love using that thing).

Ummm, they have a download manager program that does all of your downloads, so you can watch them all from one window rather than having multiple windows open like Microsoft has.

There's tabbed browsing, meaning you can have many pages open in one broswer rather than having many browser windows open (I don't like using that, so I have them open in different windows).

http://www.browsehappy.com <~ Firefox Converts explaining how annoying life was with IE until they replaced it

http://www.getfirefox.com <~ Where to go to get Firefox to download

http://www.spreadfirefox.com <~ An organization I belong to for the spreading of firefox. I haven't had any big achievements to say I did yet. lol

Firefox has passed 25 million users in the shortest time possible *99 days*. They managed to get 25 million converts and new users in 99 days from the initial non-beta release (version 1.0). That is an amazing accomplishment and shows how great they must be if they can get that many people away from IE that fast

EDIT: OH yea, and that adware and spyware problem that happens that requires you to run adaware weekly to clean your computer? doesn't exist with Firefox. I get 10 adware cookies that pop up when I run adaware (like once a month) and it's only from when I open up internet explorer (my girlfriend is still not a convert, so she uses it when she's on my computer)
All Hail the Legendary Sobe Beverage

Blackened Sun - My Personal Site

Return to “Help and Suggestions”