D.B. to PVP

A forum to get help with any features of the message board, or to post suggestions for the board or website.

Moderator: ashcraftpv

david bussabarger
PV Nerd
Expertise: former elite vaulter, author of vaulting books and many articles on vaulting technique.
Lifetime Best: 16-9, 1971
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Brad Pursley

D.B. to PVP

Unread postby david bussabarger » Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:10 pm

Can you clarify the process for submitting new topics as well as respones to "responses". Is there a reveiwing delay? When I submited my article the the 2nd time ,it came up instantly. However I just submitted a response to some of the responses on my article (it took me about 2 hours to type it ) and nothing showed up. This all getting pretty frustrating .
david bussabarger

Branko720
PV Whiz
Expertise: Club Coach

Re: D.B. to PVP

Unread postby Branko720 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:52 pm

I have at times written rather long entries, and somehow they got deleted before being posted. I would recommend writing it in a word document and then copying and pasting into the post a reply box.

Also I read your Track and field newsletter article, and quite frankly I don’t understand the reasoning behind it. Look certain athletes may have accomplished certain heights, in large part to their athleticism and despite their lack of technique.

However, as an educated man you must believe that there is a right way and a wrong way to accomplish a given task. You cannot believe that athletes should just jump however they wish? What is the point of coaching? I will say that at times we may not have figured out the best method, (ex. High jump Fosbury Flop) but we should follow a method that is the best at the time, until we discover some better technique. I ean what do you want me to tell my athletes? How should I coach? How can you coach or teach anything for that matter without a system?

Also I felt when I read your article that you had something against Bubka. Why? Obviously as DJ mentioned in another post we should look at the best and try and figure out what they do and emulate it. Bubka is the world record holder why not try and do what he does?

And as far as his physical talents, Alan Launder always mentions that there are and were athletes just as fast and powerful as him, and none of them have jumped as high as him. Can you prove otherwise?

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Re: D.B. to PVP

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:57 am

david bussabarger wrote:Can you clarify the process for submitting new topics as well as respones to "responses". Is there a reveiwing delay? When I submited my article the the 2nd time ,it came up instantly. However I just submitted a response to some of the responses on my article (it took me about 2 hours to type it ) and nothing showed up. This all getting pretty frustrating .
david bussabarger

There is no reviewing delay.

I also recommend typing any long responses in a separate program and then pasting them in. Sometimes the connection times out before the post goes through. I think this has happened to everyone who uses message boards a lot, it's not a problem unique to my site.

Return to “Help and Suggestions”