General Error Messages

A forum to get help with any features of the message board, or to post suggestions for the board or website.

Moderator: ashcraftpv

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

General Error Messages

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:24 am

If you are getting this error:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Lost connection to MySQL server during query [2013]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.

I am still trying to get to the bottom of it all. Please be patient and just try the board a few minutes later.

KirkB
PV Rock Star
Expertise: Former College Vaulter; Former Elite Vaulter; Former Coach; Fan
Lifetime Best: 5.34
Favorite Vaulter: Thiago da Silva

Re: General Error Messages

Unread postby KirkB » Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:43 pm

I just got hit with one of these errors, after composing a fairly long post. It's very frustrating, as you lose all of your text, and you must re-compose it.

My suggestion is that since the board is in this "flaky" state, SAVE ALL YOUR REPLY TEXT TO YOUR CLIPBOARD BEFORE YOU CLICK ON THE SUBMIT BUTTON.

It's a very easy matter to just ^A^C - hold the Ctrl key down, and press the A key. This highlights all of your text. Then (still holding the Ctrl key down) press the C key. This copies the highlighted text to your clipboard. This only takes a second.

So even if you get the SQL error message, you can then paste the text into a doc and save it on your hard drive until the message board becomes available again.

I learned this the hard way. :(

Kirk
Run. Plant. Jump. Stretch. Whip. Extend. Fly. Clear. There is no tuck! THERE IS NO DELAY!

Return to “Help and Suggestions”