Remembering those we lost in 2008

Discussion about ways to make the sport safer and discussion of past injuries so we can learn how to avoid them in the future.
rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Remembering those we lost in 2008

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:03 pm

I would like everyone to take a few moments to remember those we lost in 2008. Please feel free to add members of the pole vault community who passed away to the list.

Ryan Moberg - High school vaulter at DeSales HS in Walla Walla, WA. Died during pole vault practice last spring. More here: viewtopic.php?t=14481

Jeremy Scully - Coach at Western Washington University, Ferndale HS, and the Bellingham Track Club in Bellingham, WA, plus an active vaulter and official. Was murdered last spring. Police still have not made any arrests, claim some evidence is still being processed at the crime lab. More here: viewtopic.php?t=14777

Oran Mitchell - Legendary coach in Michigan. I believe he passed away of natural causes. More here: viewtopic.php?t=16257

Paul Terek, Sr (Paul Terek's dad) - Father of former Olympic decathlete Paul Terek, and coach in Livonia, MI. More here: viewtopic.php?t=16388

Dave Gorman - Masters vaulter and coach in Gettysburg, PA. Drowned. More here: viewtopic.php?t=15814

Jenna Schoenwald - High school vaulter from Berean Academy, resident of Wichita, KS. Died in a car accident. More here: viewtopic.php?t=14040

Peggy Stevenson - Toby Stevenson's mom. Passed away from MS. More here: viewtopic.php?t=13917

Patricia Thomson - Former high school vaulter at Ft. Zumwalt South HS, St. Peters, Missouri. Died of mysterious illness. More here: viewtopic.php?t=16271

Return to “Pole Vault Safety”