Help Support Cancer Research!

A forum to discuss anything that does not have to do with pole vaulting.

Are you interested in supporting Leukemia and Lymphoma cancer research?

I am definitely interested.
30%
I'm a poor college (or high school) student - I would if I could! [If so, keep reading.]
40%
Maybe if it involves me getting a sweet 15 160 Pacer CARBON
20%
Maybe if it involves me getting a sweet 14 7 176 ESSX Carbon...
10%
I am a poor sport.
No votes

Total votes: 10

jhesch
PV Pro

Help Support Cancer Research!

Unread postby jhesch » Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:00 am

HELP SUPPORT CANCER RESEARCH FOR LEUKEMIA, LYMPHOMA AND MORE!!!

In January I signed up to train with the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's [color=violet]Team In Training, a non-profit group who trains year-round for marathons, triathlons and century races to raise funds for cancer research. I signed up to run the Rock N' Roll Marathon in San Diego on June 5, 2005 and I have been training for it for the past two months. Please read the rest of the following message to learn more about why you should support Team In Training and different ways to support it! Every dollar I raise goes directly towards the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society - 75% goes directly to funding blood-related cancer research, and 25% goes to Team In Training to cover costs of race registration fees, travel expenses, lodging, etc. for all the different races across America. Every donation is 100% tax-deductible - that means you essentially spend no money to help support an excellent cause! Keep reading for more information![/color]

[color=orange]The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's mission is to, “To cure Leukemia, Lymphoma, Hodgkin’s disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.â€Â

riskafall
PV Beginner

Unread postby riskafall » Mon Feb 28, 2005 7:47 pm

is there a way i can make a donation if i don't have a credit card? i've done the light the night walks in my area the past two years, but that's only once a year. my friend passed away two years ago after battling with leukemia like a superhero. your efforts to support this cause is amazing and means alot to me. good luck with your marathon..you're awesome

jhesch
PV Pro

Unread postby jhesch » Tue May 24, 2005 12:02 am

Deadline for donations is May 27th - If anyone is still interested, definitely consider making a donation! My marathon is June 5th, and I've raised $2900 (of $3300) to date. Any help would be greatly appreciated. More information on the marathon can be found @ www.teamintraining.org - donations can be made @ www.active.com/donations/tntnmep/jhesch

qtpie57
PV Whiz

Unread postby qtpie57 » Tue May 24, 2005 12:25 am

my mom did TNT for 7 seasons.. shes raised over 35,000 dollars so far.. it really is a good program you should all do it.
BTW- they also do cross country skiing and adventure racing, and walk teams.. so there are lots of options
"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take"

Return to “General”