eight things...

A forum to discuss anything that does not have to do with pole vaulting.
breaker
PV Whiz

eight things...

Unread postby breaker » Sun Oct 31, 2004 7:28 pm

i got this from another website, i edited the language a little, but it's rather entertaining...

1. People who point at their wrist while asking for the time.... I know where my watch is pal, where the heck is yours? Do I point at my crotch when I ask where the toilet is?

2. People who are willing to get off their but to search the entire room for the tv remote because they refuse to walk to the tv and change the channel manually.

3. When people say "Oh you just want to have your cake and eat it too". thats right! What good is a cake if you can't eat it?

4. When people say "it's always the last place you look". Of course it is. Why the heck would you keep looking after you've found it? Do people do this? Who and where are they?

5. When people say while watching a film "did you see that?". No Loser, I paid $12 to come to the cinema and stare at the floor!

6. People who ask "Can I ask you a question?".... Didn't really give me a choice there, did ya sunshine?

7. When something is 'new and improved!'. Which is it? If it's new, then there has never been anything before it. If it's an improvement, then there must have been something before it.

8. When you are waiting for the bus and someone asks "Has the bus come yet?". If the bus came would I be standing here?

Lord of the Poles
PV Master

Unread postby Lord of the Poles » Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:12 am

haha, you might want to get this thing a title though, like "things that annoy me"

because I've seen it before, but I'm sure if someone hasn't seen it before they won't know what's up
All Hail the Legendary Sobe Beverage

Blackened Sun - My Personal Site

Scott Go Pre
PV Lover
Expertise: Former college vaulter, and high school coach
Lifetime Best: 4.88m
Favorite Vaulter: Toby Stevenson

Unread postby Scott Go Pre » Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:30 pm

I've seen this on Adam Sandler's webpage. It is called eight things that annoy me! Funny stuff
Rely upon God with all your heart, do not rely on your own insight. ~ Proverbs 3:5

Scott Go Pre
PV Lover
Expertise: Former college vaulter, and high school coach
Lifetime Best: 4.88m
Favorite Vaulter: Toby Stevenson

Unread postby Scott Go Pre » Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:32 pm

Also, many stand-up comedians base their performances on these 8 annoying things.
Rely upon God with all your heart, do not rely on your own insight. ~ Proverbs 3:5

mdavis2685
PV Whiz

Unread postby mdavis2685 » Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:13 pm

its amazing how the most obvious things in life are the funniest

toki
PV Nerd

oh breaker... i <3 you

Unread postby toki » Sun Nov 07, 2004 4:08 pm

OH MY DAD... your sooo funny.. i love you sooo much...

What about when you are at a track meet and people ask if your a pole vaulter.. while wearing a PVC shirt and carrying poles? thats funny...

HERES YOUR SIGN!
Its not just about working hard.. its about thinking hard too.

breaker
PV Whiz

Unread postby breaker » Sun Nov 07, 2004 5:01 pm

toki, true story:

i was at disney wide world of sports, with a fellow vaulter, waiting for our ride, holding like three or four poles in those cardboard cases, in our track clothes, and a baseball game let out, and this TOTALLY hammered guy came up to us and was like "what the heck are those" and my buddy was like "jousting poles, we joust." he freaked out and asked all about it, and i told him he could go back to the equestrain for more information if he wanted to get involved, and he was stoked, and took a picture with us "jousters"...

some people are dumb, but drunk people are dumber, and entertaining.

Mecham
PV Lover

Unread postby Mecham » Sun Nov 07, 2004 6:15 pm

Thats kinda weird, i never thought of people being drunk at a Disney place. Well, i've never been there, but still....its kinda weird to think of it
Just you wait...

Peepers PV
PV Pro

Re: oh breaker... i <3 you

Unread postby Peepers PV » Sun Nov 07, 2004 7:55 pm

toki wrote:OH MY DAD

BAHAHAHAHAHA

o yeah and to add on, this year at nationals, some milers no doubt ask me and my teammate if we are pole vaulters. o and keep in mind that we were wearing NEON GREEN POLE VAULT CITY shirts that had a picture of a pole vaulter on the back. ::sigh:: silly milers.

how about when you go to an airport with poles and they ask if they are collapsible...?
"look, you either join the team and go to practice or do drugs- that's just how it is! it's track or crack!" - mikey

toki
PV Nerd

Unread postby toki » Sun Nov 07, 2004 11:25 pm

Yeah.. well i kinda got the idea from your story...

did someone really ask you if your poles were collapseable? wow.. did you slap them?

or how about when your coach goes through the airport.. doing pole runs? Yeah.. thats sweet.. or when chilly inverted in the tran.. sweett.. lets do it again... :heart:

toki
PV Nerd

Unread postby toki » Sun Nov 07, 2004 11:26 pm

Mecham wrote:Thats kinda weird, i never thought of people being drunk at a Disney place. Well, i've never been there, but still....its kinda weird to think of it

YOU HAVE TO GO DISNEY! ITS THE BEST PLACE IN THE WORLD!

vaultmd
PV Enthusiast
Expertise: Masters Vaulter, Coach, Doctor
Lifetime Best: 475
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Laura Huarte

Unread postby vaultmd » Mon Nov 08, 2004 4:47 pm

toki wrote:
Mecham wrote:Thats kinda weird, i never thought of people being drunk at a Disney place. Well, i've never been there, but still....its kinda weird to think of it

YOU HAVE TO GO DISNEY! ITS THE BEST PLACE IN THE WORLD!

I thought it was the Happiest Place on Earth.

Return to “General”