Let's Do It!

A forum to discuss anything that does not have to do with pole vaulting.
Aviendha
PV Pro
Expertise: Current Collegiate Vaulter

Let's Do It!

Unread postby Aviendha » Mon May 17, 2004 5:28 pm

This was an email I got....just thought I'd spread the word :-P

IT HAS BEEN CALCULATED THAT IF EVERYONE IN THE UNITED STATES DID NOT PURCHASE A DROP OF GASOLINE FOR ONE DAY AND ALL AT THE SAME TIME, THE OIL COMPANIES WOULD CHOKE ON THEIR STOCKPILES.

AT THE SAME TIME IT WOULD HIT THE ENTIRE INDUSTRY WITH A NET LOSS OF OVER 4.6 BILLION DOLLARS WHICH AFFECTS THE BOTTOM LINES OF THE OIL COMPANIES.

THEREFORE MAY 19TH HAS BEEN FORMALLY DECLARED "STICK IT TO THEM" DAY AND THE PEOPLE OF THIS NATION SHOULD NOT BUY A SINGLE DROP OF GASOLINE THAT DAY.

THE ONLY WAY THIS CAN BE DONE IS IF YOU FORWARD THIS E-MAIL TO AS MANY PEOPLE AS YOU CAN AND AS QUICKLY AS YOU CAN TO GET THE WORD OUT.

WAITING ON THIS ADMIINSTRATION TO STEP IN AND CONTROL THE PRICES IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE REDUCTION AND CONTROL IN PRICES THAT THE ARAB NATIONS PROMISED TWO WEEKS AGO?

REMEMBER ONE THING, NOT ONLY IS THE PRICE OF GASOLINE GOING UP BUT AT THE SAME TIME AIRLINES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES, TRUCKING COMPANIES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES WHICH EFFECTS PRICES ON EVERYTHING THAT IS SHIPPED. THINGS LIKE FOOD, CLOTHING, BUILDING MATERIALS, MEDICAL SUPPLIES ETC. WHO PAYS IN THE END? WE DO!

WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE. IF THEY DON'T GET THE MESSAGE AFTER ONE DAY, WE WILL DO IT AGAIN AND AGAIN.

SO DO YOUR PART AND SPREAD THE WORD. FORWARD THIS EMAIL TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW. MARK YOUR CALENDARS AND MAKE MAY 19TH A DAY THAT THE CITIZENS OF THE UNITED STATES SAY "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH"
~Why does everyone prefer those who lie and make themselves less than they are, rather than those who embrace who they are, rejoice in it, and refuse to pretend anything less?

blazerunner121
PV Pro

Unread postby blazerunner121 » Mon May 17, 2004 7:40 pm

yea, gas prices are crazy now. even in nj, it just reached over 2 bucks for super.

RoySloppy
PV Pro

Unread postby RoySloppy » Mon May 17, 2004 8:32 pm

for super? the other day here it was 2.01 9 for regular
VA for Life!!

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Mon May 17, 2004 8:45 pm

Don't believe things THAT ARE WRITTEN IN ALL CAPS LOCK.

The only way to get gas prices to go down would be if people were to actually use significantly less gas.

http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/b ... y_19th.htm

Aviendha
PV Pro
Expertise: Current Collegiate Vaulter

Unread postby Aviendha » Mon May 17, 2004 9:29 pm

reg is over 2, expected to be at 2.15 by friday....premium is at 2.20 i think...and rising :dazed:
~Why does everyone prefer those who lie and make themselves less than they are, rather than those who embrace who they are, rejoice in it, and refuse to pretend anything less?

das_1971
PV Whiz
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, bum
Lifetime Best: smthing lo
Favorite Vaulter: Don Pablo Espanol

Unread postby das_1971 » Mon May 17, 2004 9:30 pm

yeah, i think this was tried 4 years ago when the prices were about the same at about the same time, Ohio anyway. Still, it won't work. If you remove gasoline, you remove many things including mass transit, public transportation, agricultural and recreational. If all those people don't make money, they don't buy things, and then the people they buy from suffer, and so on and so on so that if you get money in legal means, then to not spend money would cause you to not make money, theoretically anyway.

You really want to make a difference, start digging in your back yard, or open up a BP
Ow

blazerunner121
PV Pro

Unread postby blazerunner121 » Mon May 17, 2004 9:35 pm

super for california is almost 3 bucks ... :eek: :eek: ahhh

RoySloppy
PV Pro

Unread postby RoySloppy » Mon May 17, 2004 9:40 pm

yo i hate chain letters, didnt everyone stop sending them in 7th grade anyways? maybe just in my neck of the woods...
VA for Life!!

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Mon May 17, 2004 9:46 pm

das_1971 wrote:You really want to make a difference, start digging in your back yard, or open up a BP

Or I dunno... trade the SUV for a more fuel efficient car... drive LESS... ride your bike or take mass transit MORE...

Lord of the Poles
PV Master

Unread postby Lord of the Poles » Mon May 17, 2004 10:21 pm

regular is 2.01 here...

suuuuuucks

I remember last year or so when gas was only 1.40 here...bah! I could fill up my entire tank with 10 bucks...

now I fill it up with 15-20... *sighs* I have YET to fill up my tank since the prices went higher than 1.70... lol

das_1971
PV Whiz
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, bum
Lifetime Best: smthing lo
Favorite Vaulter: Don Pablo Espanol

Unread postby das_1971 » Mon May 17, 2004 11:20 pm

rainbowgirl28 wrote:
das_1971 wrote:You really want to make a difference, start digging in your back yard, or open up a BP

Or I dunno... trade the SUV for a more fuel efficient car... drive LESS... ride your bike or take mass transit MORE...

that works too, but if you own your own station you pay less...
Ow

qtpie57
PV Whiz

Unread postby qtpie57 » Tue May 18, 2004 11:33 pm

regular here is 2.37... its insane!
"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take"

Return to “General”