Monster Energy Drinks

A forum to discuss anything that does not have to do with pole vaulting.
MightyMouse
PV Follower

Unread postby MightyMouse » Sat May 26, 2007 12:04 pm

The vault is all about cadence and timing, why throw it off with a jolt of sugar? Although I do drink a Mountain Dew if I need to study late.

Hartwig is a god so he can do whatever he wants.
19 Years Old
Coach: Val Osipenko
"Hard work never goes to waste"
Petrov/Launder student

VaultMarq26
PV Lover
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, College Coach,

Unread postby VaultMarq26 » Sat May 26, 2007 1:06 pm

Well drinking any of that stuff at a college competiton can get you DQ'ed....caffine, in large amounts, is ILLEGAL in the NCAA. Energey drinks are considered Illegal Performance Enhancing agents by the NCAA depending on the level you drink.
Man Up and Jump

fastpich19
PV Nerd
Expertise: Current High School Vaulter 2009

Unread postby fastpich19 » Sun May 27, 2007 9:32 pm

VaultMarq26 wrote:Well drinking any of that stuff at a college competiton can get you DQ'ed....caffine, in large amounts, is ILLEGAL in the NCAA. Energey drinks are considered Illegal Performance Enhancing agents by the NCAA depending on the level you drink.

Wow!! Thats weird, why would they make it illegal. Any one can drink them if they want so it does not give one person an advantage over another.

nitro
PV Master

Unread postby nitro » Sun May 27, 2007 9:51 pm

fastpich19 wrote:
VaultMarq26 wrote:Well drinking any of that stuff at a college competiton can get you DQ'ed....caffine, in large amounts, is ILLEGAL in the NCAA. Energey drinks are considered Illegal Performance Enhancing agents by the NCAA depending on the level you drink.

Wow!! Thats weird, why would they make it illegal. Any one can drink them if they want so it does not give one person an advantage over another.

anyone can take steroids too :P
pain is only temporary victory is forever

bvpv07
PV Great
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Derek Miles

Unread postby bvpv07 » Sun May 27, 2007 11:07 pm

hahaha bravo nitro

I think that the NCAA frowns upon athletes giving performances that aren't solely the result of the athlete (in their natural state). Without the possibility of taking performance enhancing substances, any record or amazing achievement that is made can't be written off as due to anyone or anything other than the athlete.

Ok, that's probably not exactly why they do ban it, but I like knowing that what I see is because of the athlete and not because of the athlete plus caffeine plus steroids plus etc.
Fly me to the moon
Let me play among the stars

Return to “General”