Most Recent Videos

Post your videos and pictures to be reviewed here. Please read the guidelines first.
vault3rb0y
PV Rock Star
Expertise: College Coach, Former College Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 5.14m

Most Recent Videos

Unread postby vault3rb0y » Sun Aug 20, 2006 4:09 pm

Here are a few of my most recent videos, just going from 5 rights (yes im a leftie jumper). It was a while back but id like to know what some of you guys think about it.... i have a good idea but just lookin for as many opinions as possible. Sorry for kind of bad quality, but thanks!!
The bungee is at 15' im holding 13'3 on a 14'3 160 or 165, i weighed around 145.

http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y55/Su ... ld/Morrys/
The greater the challenge, the more glorious the triumph

euroeva
PV Fan

Unread postby euroeva » Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:40 pm

well if your doing close to 15 you're really good. I don't see anything wrong but I'm no expret. The camera is sort of far, but the only thing i can sort of tell is maybe you're nto getting your hands up before you hit the box.

Skyin' Brian
PV Master

Unread postby Skyin' Brian » Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:32 am

I'm no technique guru, but I think you would be well advised to avoid landing on your feet

vaulter870
PV Great
Expertise: Current Club Cocah, Current College Vaulter, PV Addict!
Favorite Vaulter: Toby Stevenson

Unread postby vaulter870 » Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:48 am

yeah you can only land on you feet so many times before you twist or pull something
If you cant do it right , do if 10000 more times till you can

fx
PV Whiz

Unread postby fx » Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:41 am

Good. I think you are just coming away from the pole too much at the top. Maybe you are pulling too early, maybe you are not swinging past vertical. Only major problem I have with your vault.

vault3rb0y
PV Rock Star

Unread postby vault3rb0y » Sun Aug 27, 2006 2:25 pm

LOL thanks guys.... funny you should say that, because that next practice i got stuck on top of the pole and came down on my feet.... my spikes got caught in the mat and i strained my ankle pretty good. That was well over a 6 weeks ago, though, so im better now. And both getting my hands higher and staying away from the pole too much are what my coach was telling me. The problem was finding the right timing to let my bottom arm collapse when im vertical. I went back and forth between not keeping enough pressure, and then finishing the vault with too much pressure, keeping the pole away from me. I think i got it figured out tho, im not going to push nor pull with my bottom arm after i start straightening out my body, in line with the pole. Thanks for the tips guys, ill do my best to get more videos up here once i start vaulting again in september.

Barto
PV Great
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie

Unread postby Barto » Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:27 pm

Your vault is fine. Learn to run better and most of the little techie stuff will fix itself.

Barto

vault3rb0y
PV Rock Star

Unread postby vault3rb0y » Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:43 pm

Barto wrote:Your vault is fine. Learn to run better and most of the little techie stuff will fix itself.

Barto
im not sure what you mean by run better.... ive listened to and done everthing form wise with my run that ive heard from every coach ive had :P. Is it slow... too low.... to late to plant?

Return to “Pole Vault - Video Review”