new video

Post your videos and pictures to be reviewed here. Please read the guidelines first.
EPVaulter1
PV Wannabe

new video

Unread postby EPVaulter1 » Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:34 pm

ok well this is the only vault video that i have on my computer at this point
this is me vaulting in a meet the 2nd day i got my new pole (12'6" 130 PacerFX)
my form is pretty bad i have recently got better at keeping my legs together and getting more inverted (still not quite fully there)
also, when i plant i often types collapse my arms, is there any drills or anything to help me keep from doing this?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 3501303485

AKell
PV Nerd

Unread postby AKell » Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:47 pm

a stronger plant and push would give you more bend- more recoil-more height. So that's definately important. Practice push throughs- hold down a foot and push the pole all the way through instead of inverting. stay down! and use a 4 step run, not a full one. this will get you used to really SHOVING the pole and bending it. It won't bend much in the drill b/c you're holding down, but once you get back on it it will absolutely rock for you. I promise. this should set you up to have a easier time improving the rest of your vault, too.
To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift. -Pre

difallstar
PV Beginner

Unread postby difallstar » Mon May 01, 2006 6:17 pm

you are going into what i call a sit. u bring ur feet up, like u r going to invert, but then u let ur hips go. You gotta swing the leg hard and thenn thrust ur hips foward, to get inverted. Then finish ur vault
PR- 12' from four lefts.(no full runs yet)
Sophmore
age 15

EPVaulter1
PV Wannabe

Unread postby EPVaulter1 » Tue May 02, 2006 10:44 pm

wrong video there, sorry everyone
here is the actual video of me vaultin 11'6"

but today i did clear 12'!!! (i dont have a video of that yet but i am hoping to come up with something)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 8089929697

Return to “Pole Vault - Video Review”