My jumps at Regionals 2014 Texas UIL

Post your videos and pictures to be reviewed here. Please read the guidelines first.
lifecaster9
PV Wannabe
Expertise: current highschool vaulter
Lifetime Best: 15
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Steve Hooker

My jumps at Regionals 2014 Texas UIL

Unread postby lifecaster9 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:06 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpTWMHug2Jw Hey guys please take the time to watch my videos and post any comments or just tell me what you think. I finally got on a 15 foot pole and ended up jumping 15 feet the very next morning to get 2nd and qualify me for state. :)
"It always seems impossible until it is done."

KirkB
PV Rock Star
Expertise: Former College Vaulter; Former Elite Vaulter; Former Coach; Fan
Lifetime Best: 5.34
Favorite Vaulter: Thiago da Silva

Re: My jumps at Regionals 2014 Texas UIL

Unread postby KirkB » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:07 am

Nice going on the 15-0 barrier! Now on to 16-0! :)

Sorry, the vid was taken from too far away for me to notice anything much different from your 14-3 vid. Try to get a better camera angle from the side, and close-up, so that we can see your body posture on takeoff, etc.

I suspect that you're still taking off under, and you're still not jumping very hard off the ground (if at all). But I can't really tell for sure, due to the video quality. I also liked your SloPro vid from your 14-3 jump, which made it really simple to see your vid in slow motion.

Good luck at State! :star:

Kirk
Run. Plant. Jump. Stretch. Whip. Extend. Fly. Clear. There is no tuck! THERE IS NO DELAY!

lifecaster9
PV Wannabe

Unread postby lifecaster9 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:29 am

Yeah sorry anyone who was not competing had to be in the stands but maybe at practice I can create a better video :)
Thanks! The next pole progressions I have are a 15'6 175 and a 16'1 180 but I want to clear 16 with that 15 footer before I try to get on a larger pole! Turns out at state i'll have to clear at least 16'6 to be in top 3 and 17 should win it! :confused:

Tory
PV Fan
Expertise: Former Vaulter - Current Coach
Lifetime Best: 14'6"

Unread postby Tory » Thu May 01, 2014 9:41 pm

Hi Brandon! Congratulations on making it to the Big Show! Texas has the best high school pole vaulters in the nation. The State meet in Austin will be the best state high school pole vault show on the planet. You should be very proud of yourself! Very few kids will ever get the chance to jump at Mike Meyers stadium as a high schooler. Good job man!

15 foot is a good jump. As KirkB mentioned though, it's very hard to see very many details of your jump due to the quality, distance, and angle of the video. Get some new practice vids posted and we'd be happy to get you some detailed feedback.

lifecaster9
PV Wannabe

Unread postby lifecaster9 » Fri May 02, 2014 9:42 am

I just posted new videos from practice a few days ago :) the bungee at 16'3 was jumped using a 15 foot pole and the bungee at 15'6 was with a 14 foot pole

Tory
PV Fan
Expertise: Former Vaulter - Current Coach
Lifetime Best: 14'6"

Unread postby Tory » Wed May 07, 2014 10:39 pm

Really have to say that we lose a lot of information about your jumps when we can only see one piece. We really need to see the full run-up. It appears that you may have a decent run-up, but we can't tell from your videos.

They do look like potentially good jumps. I'll wait to add more analysis until I can see videos of the full run-up. Remember, the vault starts at the first step.

Return to “Pole Vault - Video Review”