Transistion from swing to invert.

Post your videos and pictures to be reviewed here. Please read the guidelines first.
asaleh
PV Fan
Expertise: high school vaulter
Lifetime Best: 14'
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Sam Kendricks #TEAMKENDRICKS

Transistion from swing to invert.

Unread postby asaleh » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:39 pm

Hello. I just had a 4 left session for only about 40 min. However i was on the biggest pole from 4 lefts. I was on a 13.7 155 pacer which used to be my competition pole. It ended up great and the pole was really working for me. The only thing is i think my transition from the swing to the invert is really sloppy. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6JN0Hz ... e=youtu.be That is one of my jumps with the bungee at 12 ft. Any help would be appreciated
Your only as good as your last jump.

KirkB
PV Rock Star
Expertise: Former College Vaulter; Former Elite Vaulter; Former Coach; Fan
Lifetime Best: 5.34
Favorite Vaulter: Thiago da Silva

Re: Transistion from swing to invert.

Unread postby KirkB » Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:02 pm

Nice, but get your plant and takeoff going better before you worry about your swing to inversion.

A good plant, with a vigorous takeoff - in good body posture, with a good (but very quick) stretch - will do wonders to your swing (and subsequently to your inversion).

In German, they call it stabhochsprung for a good reason. Literal translation is "Pole High Jump".

So JUMP :idea:

You're also taking off well under, so the pole is picking you off before you have a chance to JUMP. Shorten your last step a bit.

Kirk
Run. Plant. Jump. Stretch. Whip. Extend. Fly. Clear. There is no tuck! THERE IS NO DELAY!

Return to “Pole Vault - Video Review”