Video: Vault Technique HELP!!!

Post your videos and pictures to be reviewed here. Please read the guidelines first.
scsuvaulter
PV Wannabe

Video: Vault Technique HELP!!!

Unread postby scsuvaulter » Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:01 pm

http://studentweb.stcloudstate.edu/scro0303/bobby.wmv

This is a link to the video of my misses at conference this last weekend... the vaults on the video are my misses...

My goal for outdoor is 14' 6". I am looking for help on what I need to do/change to get there...

I am 5'9" and weight 155lbs. I am on a 8 left approach.

1) The first vault is in warm-ups, bar @ 14'. I am on a 14' 155lb gripping 13'9".

2) The second vault, bar @ 12' 6". I am on a 14' 160lb carbon mystic gripping 13'9".

3) Last three vaults bar @ 13'. I am on a 14' 160lb carbon mystic gripping 13'9".

Any help with what I am doing wrong, right, or anything at all...

Thanks in advance!!!

hallvaulter
PV Pro
Expertise: College Coach
Favorite Vaulter: Randy Hall

Unread postby hallvaulter » Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:06 pm

Just curious...

1) Standard placement?

2) PR?

3) and how bout a 40 yard time

From the looks of it, you might be taking off a little under, but its hard to tell from your video.

Also, your takeoff position does look good, even if its under, but once you are inverted, you fall out toward the bar, you are probably looking right at it. I know it sounds dumb, but either find a place high on the ceiling and focus on shooting for the sky, or get back, see your feet, and stay back as long as you can.

I am no coach, so take this advice lightly, and if I said something wrong, someone smarter please do correct me.

Good luck and I think 14'6'' is a very valid goal for you, maybe think about building to that goal with smaller goals (grip height, where you want to take off, pole selection, strides coming from, etc...)

God Bless,
Hunter
Coach Bob Phillips

scsuvaulter
PV Wannabe

Unread postby scsuvaulter » Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:13 pm

standard placement = 55cm

PR = 13' 6"

I haven't done this in a while, but last time I did = 4.7 secs

I was under, I was taking off from about 10' or so consistently...

On the goals idea Hunter, I agree. My short term goal is to grip at the top of a 14' pole. The goal before that was to consistently vault on 14' poles (I am now doing that.)

Long term goal for the season is 14' 6" :)

Thanks Hunter,

Bobby

Return to “Pole Vault - Video Review”