VIDEO ANALYSIS 16'2- everything helps

Post your videos and pictures to be reviewed here. Please read the guidelines first.
Jered63
PV Newbie
Expertise: college sophomore vaulter
Lifetime Best: 16'2"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Sam kendricks

VIDEO ANALYSIS 16'2- everything helps

Unread postby Jered63 » Mon May 15, 2017 12:04 pm

Hello

I am a senior in high school and have been pole vaulting for 6 years now. I am 5'9" and weigh 130 lbs. My PR is 16'2" gripping at 14' on a 15' 165 pacer. I also have committed to vaulting at UC Davis next fall. I was wondering if anyone could critique my vaults a little bit and give me some cues or pointers. Thanks!!!

SIDE NOTE. Is haves your standards always buried a good thing? I seem to do it more out of comfort. I feel like if they're at 80 then I know I will land safely in the pit. Just a question that I have been wondering.

Here is the video.
https://youtu.be/1snO0uQskgA

CoachKay64
PV Newbie
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, Club/High School Coach
Lifetime Best: 13'6"
Favorite Vaulter: Sergei Bubka

Re: VIDEO ANALYSIS 16'2- everything helps

Unread postby CoachKay64 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:50 pm

Jered,

Nice jumps! Just going to suggest two things. One being try to take off a little bit more outside at take off. This will enable you to jump up more at take off, increase your take off angle (higher), and be more elastic through the take off. Second being try not to tilt your head back when swinging. Try to "find your feet" when swinging. This will help with lining up with the pole as well as staying more inline with the pole at the top. For your side note: having your standards at 80 is better than having them at 45 all the time, but you can also try going up to the next pole as long as you are landing safely in the pit (towards the back of the coaches box) and bringing your standards in. I hope all of this helps! Keep up the good work!

Jered63
PV Newbie
Expertise: college sophomore vaulter
Lifetime Best: 16'2"
Favorite Vaulter: Sam kendricks

Re: VIDEO ANALYSIS 16'2- everything helps

Unread postby Jered63 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:02 am

Thank you for the tips coachkay64. It is greatly appreciate!

Return to “Pole Vault - Video Review”