Takeoff Stride Studies

This is a forum to discuss advanced pole vaulting techniques. If you are in high school you should probably not be posting or replying to topics here, but do read and learn.
SCPVPA
PV Fan
Expertise: High School Coach
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie

Takeoff Stride Studies

Unread postby SCPVPA » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:13 pm

I apologize in advanced if this has been discussed on here before.

Is there any studies as to the correlation of ground contact time on the takeoff and penultimate strides and jumping height? Also more importantly are there any studies having to do with shin angles on jumping strides?

Just looking for some solid facts, I have my own opinion on this just looking for some data.

Thanks!
Joe

Amir
PV Newbie
Expertise: former vaulter 5.20. now 3 years experienced coach
Lifetime Best: 5.20
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Bubka

Re: Takeoff Stride Studies

Unread postby Amir » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:08 pm

Hello
In my opinion it is critical topics and these questions were my priority during all the time.
I think in PV in contrast to LJ you shouldnt let your COM to fall and you have to be very quick toward the TO.
you have to be tall as much as possible during penultimate in order to avoid reaching. buy trying to be tall your foot will landing exactly under your COM and will let you to decrease the landing time as much as possible.
I collected a lot of inf about these very important aspect of run up directly and indirectly. also dealing with such problems with my athletes.
It would be my pleasure to discuss about it , sharing data and so on,
Amir

Return to “Pole Vault - Advanced Technique”