m640 Pole Plant

This is a forum to discuss advanced pole vaulting techniques. If you are in high school you should probably not be posting or replying to topics here, but do read and learn.
agapit
PV Follower

m640 Pole Plant

Unread postby agapit » Wed May 01, 2013 8:02 am

I have just published a new member section "Pole Plant" on http://www.m640.com. Here is a lead to the section:

The pole plant is one of the two most complex actions in the event, second being the transition into the “rotation acceleration” at the end of the takeoff jump. The more we could simplify the plant, the more robust and consistent the plant performance would be and less effect changing conditions, such as an increase of the speed, would have on the consistency of the performance of the plant.

The simplicity of any action and the plant in particular is not trivial or inconsequential. Complex motions in general, with many muscle groups, different types of muscle actions, such as extension vs. flexion, eccentric vs. concentric activity require additional load on the nervous motor system. It is more difficult to perform complex motions consistently and in particular during changing conditions, so the optimal technic favors maximum simplification of complex motions in order to achieve greater consistency and maximum level of relevant motor unit activation with a fewer unnecessary motor units participating in the motion...

Read more on http://www.m640.com

Friends, you should find that m640 plant description I offered, is the simplest and easiest to understand, mechanically sound description. This plant was used in the current Men's Indoor American Record Performance set in 2001.

m640 plant eliminates, for the first time in any pole plant description, any ambiguities or uncertainties. It's all black & white just like the m640.com website, no pun intended.
there is no spoon... www.m640.com

Chaebo
PV Fan
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, High School Coach, College Assistant Coach
Lifetime Best: 15'6
Favorite Vaulter: Tarasov

Re: m640 Pole Plant

Unread postby Chaebo » Wed May 15, 2013 1:20 am

I have been noticing a lot of talk about your 640 Model. And I have to admit I am a bit skeptical of what it might be you are teaching that is so for lack of a better term "revolutionary." I am a student of many styles of the vault but a master of none. I carry a passion about the sport which i believe is rare and hard to match but I do not see anything that tells me that this 640 Model is for me and my vaulters.

In Other words read your words but they lack the inscentive to get me to commit. I'm not trying to be rude but I am afraid to commit to something that I feel like i know so little about. Where is it different from the other models? Has it been proven to work with all age ranges, skill levels, and genders? As a new coach with (what i consider) a good understanding of the vault do you believe that this model could make drastic changes in my vaulters? And are there videos, better descriptions, or even siminars available that this model is taught that I could personally use to better understand the concepts?

Understand, I am a coach who favors heavily the bubka/petrov model but also at times alternate methods to match my vaulters natural preferences. I just wish to know more about this model to decide whether it is something I may consider for one of my future athletes.

agapit
PV Follower

Unread postby agapit » Wed May 15, 2013 12:13 pm

Chaebo wrote:I have been noticing a lot of talk about your 640 Model. And I have to admit I am a bit skeptical of what it might be you are teaching that is so for lack of a better term "revolutionary." I am a student of many styles of the vault but a master of none. I carry a passion about the sport which i believe is rare and hard to match but I do not see anything that tells me that this 640 Model is for me and my vaulters.

In Other words read your words but they lack the inscentive to get me to commit. I'm not trying to be rude but I am afraid to commit to something that I feel like i know so little about. Where is it different from the other models? Has it been proven to work with all age ranges, skill levels, and genders? As a new coach with (what i consider) a good understanding of the vault do you believe that this model could make drastic changes in my vaulters? And are there videos, better descriptions, or even siminars available that this model is taught that I could personally use to better understand the concepts?

Understand, I am a coach who favors heavily the bubka/petrov model but also at times alternate methods to match my vaulters natural preferences. I just wish to know more about this model to decide whether it is something I may consider for one of my future athletes.

Perfect!

The easiest way to learn more about the model is to become a member of http://www.m640.com and familiarize yourself with concepts I present. The membership is month to month $9.95 and is cost less than Panera Bread lunch. You can cancel at any time, but so far we have 100% renewal rate!

I have used the model since 1991, when I start coaching, with every single person I have coached. I have used it with athletes of all levels from very beginning 9’ high school, college athletes to Olympic medals men and women. It is easy to learn and teach. One of my vaulters 9’-15’10” (Tennessee High School State Record and The Champion in 18 months) coached his own Tennessee State Record holder, who improved on his record, so my point is it is easy to learn and to teach to others.

I would also recommend to you Alan Launder’s book “From Beginner to Bubka and Isinbayeva too”. The book is a great coaching resource.

I encourage you to become a member and see for yourself http://www.m640.com
there is no spoon... www.m640.com

Chaebo
PV Fan
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, High School Coach, College Assistant Coach
Lifetime Best: 15'6
Favorite Vaulter: Tarasov

Unread postby Chaebo » Wed May 15, 2013 1:42 pm

Thank You ! Exactly what I was looking for!

AVC Coach
PV Lover
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, Current Coach (All levels)
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Miah Sanders

Unread postby AVC Coach » Thu May 16, 2013 7:28 am

I think you are getting carried away with the usage of this site for free advertisement of your own site. Taking advantage, would be a more accurate term. If you have something to share on here, you should share it. I believe that is the intention of PVP's "Advanced Technique" forum . Don't just point the readers in the direction of your site to get the full version.

vault3rb0y
PV Rock Star
Expertise: College Coach, Former College Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 5.14m

Unread postby vault3rb0y » Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:00 am

There's some really good stuff on m640.com, and I might look forward to investing in it within the next few days. But AVC is right, the internet and PVP is all about free resources. Maybe those that interpret those resources on m640 can post the concepts in this forum for free, without the need for the cost of a panera panini. If you really do present it in a novel and unique way, then people will still subscribe. But if it's a simple training tactic or skill acquisition progression, that's not something you can honestly expect to harness and control for more than a couple days/weeks/months (depending on how profitable it is!). The best you can do as an honest coach is know MORE than others about how to teach it, and make your athletes understand it BETTER!

In all honesty, I think you're brilliant. Because of this, I'll probably be subscribing to your website and learning everything I can from you in the next couple months. But don't be surprised if these brilliant and novel ideas eventually become commonplace as coaches share them with the rest of the coaching world. That's just the nature of idea sharing and the internet. I suggest you continue to leverage your knowledge of the vault for as long as you can, and as carefully as you can, because it's just a matter of time until every idea out there accessible via the internet.

The only way you could really protect yourself against this would be a conceptual copywrite, in which your idea of coaching the vault is so unique that you can copywrite the selling of your unique idea for any type of profit. Otherwise you'll have a hard time making any sizable profit off of your ideas without another person posting it on this forum in their own words or thoughts.

I look forward to continuing to learn from you and grow as a coach! Thanks for your help.

Cheers!
The greater the challenge, the more glorious the triumph

grandevaulter
PV Pro
Expertise: Three year highschool vaulter 1978-80. Now coaching highschoolers and competing in masters.
Lifetime Best: 11'
Favorite Vaulter: Timothy Mack

Unread postby grandevaulter » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:31 pm

In my opinion, Agapit has made some serious contributions to this site. (Not everyone can grasp it). Many here direct readers to their own sites for immediate or future profit. I have benefited in knowledge from some of these "profiteers".

PV2020
PV Whiz
Expertise: Former College Vaulter
Favorite Vaulter: Lázaro Borges

Unread postby PV2020 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:43 am

I have a lot of problems with this...

You are selling a product that you will not tell me what it is, only that I should trust you that it works. I read through what was available for free on your website and it tells me absolutely nothing other than pole vault is a transfer of energy and Angie PRd by .40m in 10 months. Everything else says buy now to find out why this is so good.

Even a brief summary of why the 6.40 model is different than the Petrov Model or different than what Alan has in his books would probably be enough to get me to subscribe, I waist all my money on pole vault. But if I buy a product I want to know it is worth it. Why was Alan's books so good? He openly talked about the model he taught and would just refer people to the book for video or pictures of a certain drill. But even without the book I had a good idea of the physics behind what he was teaching. Maybe your website is filled with drills and pictures and workouts and that would be awesome and worth it if I actually believed the technique you are teaching. But I can not say completely if I do or I do not because you have never summed it up for me.

As others have stated I am not a fan of selling information. Selling your coaching skills, that is one thing. A lot of people can be really smart and have a great ideas but be horrible coaches because they do not have the ability to put the knowledge in words others can comprehend. So if you are a good coach by all means charge people to use your facilities and train one on one with you. And if you have ideas people believe charge for the information you put work into gathering to teach them how to do it, but you have to tell them what they are learning before they buy the products to figure it out! Your website to me is pretty much like me buying Rosetta Stone and them telling me they are going to teach me a language but they are not going to tell me what the language is until I buy the teaching aide.

You are also on a website that is designed to be a FREE source of information for pole vaulters to discuss technique and training and anything pole vault related.

Things I have learned over the years about pole vaulting.

1) If you only study one technique or training program you are doing yourself and any one you work with a disservice.

2) Pole vaulters to an extent are the friendliest in track and field and more than willing to help anyone else. I have had numerous coaches send me their entire training programs word for word. I never understood sprint and distance coaches that kept their training a secret like it was a football playbook. If I come up with something that works really well I would want everyone to know it, that way other coaches could coach it, build better pole vaulters, and then the entire quality of pole vaulting across the country would improve. I have always loved the fact that pole vaulters sit around and cheer on their competitors because once they are out they pretty much just like watching people pole vault high!

I am the kind of person that if someone ask I will send them everything I have ever done or coached for free because it makes better pole vaulters.

CMitchell
PV Newbie
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, HS & College Coach
Lifetime Best: 17'4
Favorite Vaulter: Bill Deering

Unread postby CMitchell » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:09 am

AVC Coach wrote:I think you are getting carried away with the usage of this site for free advertisement of your own site. Taking advantage, would be a more accurate term. If you have something to share on here, you should share it. I believe that is the intention of PVP's "Advanced Technique" forum . Don't just point the readers in the direction of your site to get the full version.

I'd have to agree, the pole-vault community at this level does not go trying to make a buck off each other and there are other avenues for you to make your buck. This site is to share your knowledge or debate or comment. Not intended for a ruse to put out a bone or give some insight and then hold back until people join your site.

efalbo
PV Newbie
Expertise: Current College Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 14'3"
Favorite Vaulter: Derek Miles

Unread postby efalbo » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:54 am

Monthly fee just to read your article that isn't groundbreaking information? No thanks...

Return to “Pole Vault - Advanced Technique”