How to run fast with the pole like Bubka.

This is a forum to discuss advanced pole vaulting techniques. If you are in high school you should probably not be posting or replying to topics here, but do read and learn.
grandevaulter
PV Pro
Expertise: Three year highschool vaulter 1978-80. Now coaching highschoolers and competing in masters.
Lifetime Best: 11'
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Timothy Mack

Re: How to run fast with the pole like Bubka.

Unread postby grandevaulter » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:16 pm

altius wrote:While I appreciate your kind thoughts I would now like you to cease and desist from expressing them here because they will only encourage folk to set out to question the value of BTB2 and to begin to deconstruct it.

I really feel appreciated. :confused: However it appears they only want to pirate your information or rename it for their own benefit. :idea:

altius wrote:copy of my new book "Play Practice" which deals with completely different issues in sport and find somewhere other than PVP to comment on that book - please!

I've been told where to go before. :devil:

PVDaddy
PV Follower
Expertise: Former High School Vaulter, High School coach, College coach
Lifetime Best: 10.5 Ft
Favorite Vaulter: Cornelius Warmerdam

Unread postby PVDaddy » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:13 am

I just ask the reader to look at the end of the video starting at frame 24:04.
keep your mouse on 24:04 Play it over and over. Notice how the pole make contact with the hip with the opposite leg.
Notice the swinging shoulders with the opposite leg. Notice the perfect rythym.
Notice the swinging forward of the left elbow and how that adds balance to the inertia of the Pole/Vaulter system.
Now going into plant (you will have to play it over several times as you look how the hand comes forwars at each step.) notice how the pole still comes forward on the on the left (Third step out) bot not quite as far because he is turning the pole over at this point.
Notice the the left and come forward to plant the pole on the Penultimate. Finally, notice how the plant (Right) hand moves in the forward direction with plant (left) foot. Now play the whole thing over and over. You will notice the perfect harmony and rythm. It's Beautiful!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhqEdocpfcM
Every jot and every tittle adds up to more than just a little.

PVDaddy
PV Follower
Expertise: Former High School Vaulter, High School coach, College coach
Lifetime Best: 10.5 Ft
Favorite Vaulter: Cornelius Warmerdam

Unread postby PVDaddy » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:39 am

Sorry wrong link. You can use Frames 10:10 on that but I like 24:04 on this one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0e1q_59KHBM
Every jot and every tittle adds up to more than just a little.

Return to “Pole Vault - Advanced Technique”