Negative Inversion!

This is a forum to discuss advanced pole vaulting techniques. If you are in high school you should probably not be posting or replying to topics here, but do read and learn.
PVDaddy
PV Follower
Expertise: Former High School Vaulter, High School coach, College coach
Lifetime Best: 10.5 Ft
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Cornelius Warmerdam

Re: Negative Inversion!

Unread postby PVDaddy » Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:58 pm

Sorry didn't meen to post so fast! Was not finished addressing your very good questions and they get to the heart of what I am trying to convey in Agenda 21. Wish this was beeing discussed on that thread, but these are topics that must be addressed here also, if a vaulter is to ever "Get on the top of the Pole!" There is a BIG difference between getting to the top of the pole already flagged out (that's what most achieve and many dont even get that, most pull from underneath the pole), Vertical (only a few) and beyond vertical (far fewer still). Bubka is one of the few vaulters that is able to achieve this extreme (extreme does not imply bad) position. He is able to do it because his coaches concept of pole vaulting and his, are different then most. THEY EXPLOIT EVERY SINGLE OPPORTUNITY TO ADD ENERGY INTO THE SYSTEM AND THEY THINK OF THE ENTIRE VAULT AS ONE INTEGRATED SYSTEM! If we ever get away from this motive, the current world record is as good as gold. If we stay focused on it, I think it can be achieved, relatively soon. That's why I get so scared about even mentioning the push (or any active element) as a negative. No it is not the most important,but should never be discarded for that reason? Thats insanity! The Hungarians have a saying a "lot of little things add up to one big thing when put together"! Those words apply to pole vaulting more than anything I can think of!

So what else does Bubka do differently (how does he think?) then most to get there? We all know his run up and plant are spot on! I think many elite vaulters are there now too. You asked the question when does the swing end? Great question! In my Agenda I said the whip foot must be brought to the top of the pole. But is that were the whip ends? Is that how Bubka thinks about it? Does the swing ever stop? Why would we ever want to do that? Perhaps the correct way to think, is that the swing never ends, until you get off the landing pad! Why would you want to stop a body in motion (No negative inversion does not stop a body in motion. It's only a position in space that keeps the pole coiled better and longer and allows time and creates greater position for a more powerful vertical flyaway. The body is in continuous motion throughout)? Its this type of thinking that I'm trying to promote in agenda 21. Did you notice that I said in agenda 21, the bottom hand pull and bottom hand push are not separate entities but must be seamlessly blended with the whip? Did you notice how I said the laying back of the shoulders serves as an additional lever working together with the bottom hand push and greatly assist the propulsion of the hips? After the pole is correctly loaded (elevation of the trail leg takes place during pole loading), the whip is the core foundation of the second phase of the vault and adds the most energy. The pelvic thrust, bend at the hips while pulling with both arms (top arm mostly), rock back, laying back of the shoulders into full inversion while pushing with the bottom arm, and the top arm push ALL ADD ADDITIONAL CRITICAL ENERGY INTO ONE INTEGRATED SYSTEM! Petrov and Bubka understand this better then most, and fully exploit it. There is another thing they understand that many vaulters and coaches do not. Most vaulters pull to early telling the pole to uncoil and there bodies to bend. They are trying to add energy to the swing through a smaller muscle group=the arms. Bubka on the other hand adds energy to the whip through his largest muscle group=THE HIPS! This is a much more powerful and effective lever and the biggest reason he keeps the poll bent longer and is able to get on top of the pole (negative inversion) before it uncoils so well!
Every jot and every tittle adds up to more than just a little.

PVDaddy
PV Follower

Unread postby PVDaddy » Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:09 pm

Watch this video Frames 1:15-1:32.

Notice the rotation of the whip around the hip joint.
Notice how well the pole continues to bend, and how high the bend is do to how he uses his hips. This is the block in the vault!
Notice that he does not pull until the hips break. Notice the strength of the top hand pull at this time.
Notice how the bottom hand pull and the laying back of the shoulders work together simultaneously.
Notice how he continues to use the hips to propel himself into inversion.
All working together into on integrated system!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyzkuLMJFNg

PVDaddy
PV Follower

Unread postby PVDaddy » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:21 am

In this post i would like to further elaborate on WHY negative inversion is important and HOW Bubka is able to achieve it?

As the vaulter begins the bottom hand push to help propel the hips and assist the turn, the pole is uncoiling and rotating toward vertical. All of these actions are forcing the vaulters body to rotate toward the crossbar. The spine of the vaulter will start to be forced toward (angled toward) the crossbar the moment the bottom hand push begins and this will continue through flyaway. This forward lean toward the crossbar WILL happen regardless of the vaulters inverted position (whether less then, vertical or beyond vertical)! The less beyond vertical you are, the more flagged out toward the crossbar you will end up! So it makes sense to begin the bottom hand push from a negatively inverted angle. I can't make it any more simpler, YOU WILL BE LESS FLAGGED OUT!

All of the same elements that make negative inversion possible are also the same elements that produce the best vaults. They include every element in the vault leading up to that position. We all know the importance of pole Cary, run-up, plant, and free take-off, and that the majority of energy is obtained and transferred to the pole at this time. So of course perfecting these things are critical!

The BIGGEST mistakes that most elite vaulters make and why they cant obtain negative inversion, is what they do (or do not do) after take-off.

The importance of chest penetration into the full body stretched invert-C position cannot be over-stressed. You must allow the swing to occur naturally at the top hand (The first axis of rotation. Same way the monkey swings on the branches) from inverted-C to active-I (when the body is straight, with heal extended pointing toward the pit).

Now the TAP (soviet learned system of the most efficient swinging method on the high bar) occurs, as the bottom hand must continue to be fully straightened ( This is THE BLOCK of the vault!) As the long extended pendulum swing of the leg (long levers deliver the most energy) is now elevated by the pelvic (Abdomen) thrust and use of the hip joint muscles (The strongest lever in the human body controlling that pendulum! THE WHIP COMES FROM THE HIP!), the axis of rotation is now transferred from the top hand to the swing leg hip joint. The bottom hand pulling tension through the shoulder, combined with a strong top hand pull (The poles fulcrum) must occur at this exact moment! The whip is extended by the hollowing out of the chest.

ANY pulling or rowing action that occurs prior to this does NOT add energy to the vault (Why I will never be able to wrap my head around the M640 Model?), it Destroys it (Tells the pole to prematurely uncoil and the body to prematurely tuck) .... and Petrov know this.

The vaulter is now in the L-position and beginning rock back to cover the pole. He has performed a strong top hand pull which has greatly assisted the propulsion of his hips upward and caused the pole to bend. He must maintain the bend in the pole by the backward lean and drive the lower body and legs toward the top hand (The axis of rotation has now changed from the hips to the shoulder joints). (Not drive the the top hand to the lower body like so many elite vaulters are incorrectly trained to do). If you drive the top hand to the lower body, the top arm will be driven out of its beyond vertical position and even less than vertical. THE POSITION OF THE BODY MIRRORS THE POSITION OF THE TOP ARM. The vaulters angle of inversion can only be as good as the angle of the top arm (It can go no further). This is the key to obtaining negative inversion. Bubka does not bring the top arm to the lower body, but lets the top arm stay in that backward leaned position, along the chord of the pole (The chord of the pole is the center of gravity of the pole/vaulter system) and instead brings the body to the top arm before he begins the bottom arm push. His superior flight path is Predetermined! Lastly I want to point out that because his bodies center of gravity is along the chord of the pole, he also achieves superior bend of the pole and therefore greater pole recoil. Another benefit of negative inversion!

The key to how Bubka is able to achieve negative inversion is how he dynamically Moves through the C-I-L positions, and how he brings the body to the top arm, that never leaves the chord of the pole.

I believe that what I have just explained to you as thoroughly and as simply (not easy because of all the elements involved in the vault and all the rational required to explain it) as I could, are entirely correct, and backed by good logic, and physics. I believe very few coaches (even among-st the elite) understand the benefits of how and why to obtain this position. Coach I hope I have thoroughly answered all your questions?

Watch the position of Bubkas top arm angle through rock back. It stays behind vertical with the chord of the pole the entire time!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyzkuLMJFNg

PVDaddy
PV Follower

Unread postby PVDaddy » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:00 pm

After reading through my previous post I realized I may have confused the reader about when the tap (A swinging element in gymnastics used on the high bar or rings from a hollowed out position of the body (Inverse-C in PV) to take advantage of the stretch-reflex ability of the human body to add whip to the swing, like in a giant.) begins, The tap begins out of inverse-C and connects to the active-I (when the body is coming out of the downswing, fully extended, Straight), at a 45 degree angle with the chord of the pole (feet pointing at the pit).

The block (Bottom arm is straightened out) of the vault begins out of the active-I and continues to the L-position (when you break at the hips and puts a high bend in the pole.

The pull (both arms, mostly top) begins at the L-position.

KirkB
PV Rock Star
Expertise: Former College Vaulter; Former Elite Vaulter; Former Coach; Fan
Lifetime Best: 5.34
Favorite Vaulter: Thiago da Silva

Unread postby KirkB » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:19 pm

Hi PVD. Our last discussion on PVP was in 2010, and I must say that I'm impressed with your ever-increasing knowledge of PV technique. :yes:

I'm not at all impressed with the continual sparring that you're STILL having with Altius - seems like same-old, same-old. But that's between you and him - let's not go there, eh? :no:

Your thoughts re "negative inversion" are almost 100% correct. The main concept that I don't think you get yet is that THERE IS NO PUSH!

I see that your tagline is now "Run, Plant, Swing, Pull, Push".

Compare yours to mine: "Run. Plant. Jump. Stretch. Whip. Extend. Fly. Clear. THERE IS NO TUCK!".

Like I said, there is no TUCK and there is no PUSH! :idea:

I'll save any other comparisons of our taglines for another post - if you agree to keep our discussions amiable. :yes:

You asked if there's any documented evidence re the idea you coined as "negative inversion" prior to you arriving on PVP. The answer is yes. Here's a few quotes on PVP that I made in 2008-2010 - related to my Bryde Bend technique that I used in 1971-72.

I referred to this as "shoot past vertical", so you can find most of my posts about this by searching for keywords "kirk shoot past vertical" or simply "kirk past vertical". I suggest you read my Bryde Bend thread posts first - which are where I ORIGINALLY described this part of my technique. Some of these are quoted below. Subsequent posts in 2009-2010 just expounded these original descriptions in more detail. So you'll find those with keywords "bryde bend past vertical".

I wanted to be already upside down by the time the pole started recoiling. If I was upside down, then I could shoot skywards aggressively. I wanted to shoot past vertical – meaning that instead of shooting straight up, I could aim slightly AWAY from the bar, back towards the runway, and my forwards momentum added to this would shoot me vertically. I of course needed to have good forward momentum to achieve this, but in my best vaults, I did shoot past vertical. If I didn’t, I would have shot under the bar. And I did this in a continual, fluid motion, starting from just after I passed the pole.

A split second after that, I began my shoot – slightly backwards, towards the runway.

Another sensation that I felt - immediately following the "sinking sensation", and right thru to the fully-extended "I" position - was a feeling of "Get back! Get back! Get back!" This was the thought that I had as I was inverting and extending.

By "Get back", what I mean is that I needed to CONTINUE my swing/inversion/extension to PAST vertical. Well, first to vertical, and then keep going back ... and back ... and back. If I didn't tell myself to do this, I'd get too far under the bar, and hit it on my way up - no matter how far back I set the standards.

I was quickly rising, and the bar was quickly getting closer and closer. There was no time to waste!

So sorry to burst you bubble re the originality of your "negative inversion" theory. It's what I described in 2008 on PVP, and what I actually DID during the peak of my vaulting career in 1971-1972. Same concept ... different words.

Kirk Bryde
Run. Plant. Jump. Stretch. Whip. Extend. Fly. Clear. There is no tuck! THERE IS NO DELAY!

coachjvinson
PV Whiz
Expertise: I have never recognized the concept of limits-I think an athlete who accepts limits is dead-Bubka
Lifetime Best: 0
Favorite Vaulter: COOP 4.55m and Mondo

Unread postby coachjvinson » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:46 am

PVDaddy wrote:...You think that push is a Technical Mistake and didn't add vertical energy?

Every vault has technical errors: the key is to minimize the aforementioned...

It would appear that your message and posts are being diluted with excessive, non-specific explanations: a monologue of sorts. As Kirk noted, there are hints of understanding within. However, the meaning and direction of the understanding in your posts generally appears quickly and then is lost and passed over.

I'm not trying to harsh you per se and I can see that you are passionate and are seeking to understand the vault in a more meaningful manner.

I did venture to pose a specific query which required a paragraph at most to answer: you submitted a non-descriptive essay lacking direction and form. I will copy and paste the aforementioned items below: if you care to entertain a more specific explanation, I am interested to know your thoughts...

coachjvinson wrote:After reading your posts on achieving 21' - I have a few questions...
In your observations, where/when/how do the applications of maximal force occur in your analysis of the Vaulter Pole System with respect to the most powerful muscular effort(s) occurring after the Run/Takeoff/Swing...
Please define where you consider the swing element complete and the next phase initiated...

Further,
Why does Bubka (or any vaulter) desire "Negative Inversion"?
How does Bubka (or any vaulter) obtain "Negative Inversion"?

I will preface the aforementioned by stating that I am an advocate of obtaining this position; specifically the movements required to get "Hyper Vertical" - However, I believe that my understanding varies from that which you have published or are in the process of publishing...

Respectfully...

Albert Einstein wrote:"The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing."

Alexander Pope wrote:To err is human; to forgive, divine.
PURSUITOF2016

PVDaddy
PV Follower

Unread postby PVDaddy » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:04 pm

Hi Kirk, It is so nice to here from you again! I remember you well from 2010. How you took so much time to carefully try to explain all the technical details of the whip out of inverted-C to me and also the use of the bottom arm in the vault. I learned a great deal from you. I also learned a great deal from Altius, about the importance of the practical hands on approach of developing simplified training tools for conveying these Petrov methods to others. Thank-you both for your time and energy you have given in trying to educate me! :rose: :rose: Shortly after our misunderstanding of motives in 2010, I purchased Alan's book and video. I found them both to be very educational and beneficial. A small investment for a wealth of knowledge . I call that putting your money were your brain is. I like to think mine is still open, like the parachute? No charge for that commercial Altius! Only because I think your a likable fellow.

I know that I did not invent "Negative Inversion" and have no Idea who recognized its benefits first? Perhaps it was you back in 1971-1972? The very fact that you were able to get past vertical shows that you were ahead of your time (The fact that you recognized its benefits back then) and probably had a lot to do with your Bryde bend technique? I did several searches on "Inversion", "Inverted", "Covering the pole", etc on PVP and could find nothing on it. I did not search "kirk past vertical" but plan to. I also did not coin the term "Negative Inversion". It is a term used in English grammar to refer to sentence structure (Something that I evidently need a lot of work on). I like the sound of it, as it reminds me of obtaining Negative G-force, as in a Rocket or Jet! The same thing a vaulter needs to get there. I think it is actually more easier to obtain then many believe however and has simply to do with proper technique. Technique that has not as of yet been universally (not even close) taught ( My motivation behind Agenda 21).

It does not burst my bubble at all to here that you had also discovered the benefits of "shooting past vertical" way back in 1971-72 and had previously posted about it here on PVP. If I would have known I would have mentioned it. I'm glad to here that others recognize its benefits as well.

I do believe that I have been the first here on PVP to greatly es pound on (In great detail) defining Negative Inversion, all of its benefits, and how and why Bubka is able to obtain it. How it is imperative to keep the top arm in line with the chord of the pole the entire time, from Active-I to inverted-I ! There are many more benefits then just getting negatively inverted, because the chord of the pole, is the center of gravity of the vaulter/pole system, so by doing that you keep the pole maximally loaded the entire time during the off ground stage of the vault! Why you MUST bring the body to the arm and NOT the arm to the body. Why it is imperative that you do not pull prior to breaking at the hips (You must continue to extend your bottom arm- I call that THE BLOCK of the vault) and why a rower or tuck and shooter will NEVER be able to get Negatively inverted. Kurt it appears you did indeed recognize its benefits and mentioned it here on PVP! Respectfully I don't think you or anyone else has es pounded on this here on PVP in this great of detail.

Kurt two of my favorite vaulters (Bubka and Tarasov) both exhibit a strong bottom hand and top hand push in their best vaults.

Maybe you did not, but why do you say there is no Push?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QribYk ... sults_main

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsUCiLANe-8

PVDaddy
PV Follower

Unread postby PVDaddy » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:27 am

Coachjvinsen, you begin your post by referencing the "push" of the vault and how you feel it is a technical error.
We may never agree on that issue and that is fine, however, may I point out that the "push" does not even occur until one has already achieved negative inversion?

You then said this:
It would appear that your message and posts are being diluted with excessive, non-specific explanations: a monologue of sorts. As Kirk noted, there are hints of understanding within. However, the meaning and direction of the understanding in your posts generally appears quickly and then is lost and passed over.

You also went on to say:
you submitted a non-descriptive essay lacking direction and form

Wow! Coach have you been carefully reading my post? I have been explicitly describing in as great detail as I possibly can! 1. What Negative Inversion is? 2. What the benefits are? 3. how to achieve it? I have broken down for you almost every single element of the second phase of the vault describing in GREAT detail especially what I believe are the golden nuggets of how to do it? Just read the last post I made specifically for you on March 15! The following are my quotes.

1) Perfect run up, pole Cary and plant into free take off. Was never my intent to describe this in detail. You already know this.
We all know the importance of pole Cary, run-up, plant, and free take-off, and that the majority of energy is obtained and transferred to the pole at this time. So of course perfecting these things are critical!

The BIGGEST mistakes that most elite vaulters make and why they cant obtain negative inversion, is what they do (or do not do) after take-off.

2) Penetration, Penetration, Penetration! ( WITH NO PULLING OR ROWING!)
The importance of chest penetration into the full body stretched invert-C position cannot be over-stressed. You must allow the swing to occur naturally at the top hand (The first axis of rotation. Same way the monkey swings on the branches) from inverted-C to active-I
The key phrase here:To let the swing occur naturally at the top hand (The first axis of rotation. Same way the monkey swings on the branches) from inverted-C to active-I
ANY pulling or rowing action that occurs prior to this does NOT add energy to the vault (Why I will never be able to wrap my head around the M640 Model?), it Destroys it (Tells the pole to prematurely uncoil and the body to prematurely tuck) .... and Petrov know this.

3) THE TAP:
the tap (A swinging element in gymnastics used on the high bar or rings from a hollowed out position of the body (Inverse-C in PV) to take advantage of the stretch-reflex ability of the human body to add whip to the swing, like in a giant.) The tap begins out of inverse-C and connects to the active-I

4) THE BLOCK:
the bottom hand must continue to be fully straightened ( This is THE BLOCK of the vault!)
The block begins immediately after penetration in Inverse-C (When the bottom hand is over the head at 12 o'clock) and continues to just before the L-position.

5) BREAK IN THE HIPS:
The pelvic thrust, bend at the hips while pulling with both arms (top arm mostly), rock back, laying back of the shoulders into full inversion while pushing with the bottom arm, and the top arm push ALL ADD ADDITIONAL CRITICAL ENERGY INTO ONE INTEGRATED SYSTEM! Petrov and Bubka understand this better then most, and fully exploit it. There is another thing they understand that many vaulters and coaches do not. Most vaulters pull to early telling the pole to uncoil and there bodies to bend. They are trying to add energy to the swing through a smaller muscle group=the arms. Bubka on the other hand adds energy to the whip through his largest muscle group=THE HIPS! This is a much more powerful and effective lever and the biggest reason he keeps the poll bent longer and is able to get on top of the pole (negative inversion) before it uncoils so well!

And lastly the biggy!

6)TOP ARM ALWAYS STAYS WITH THE CHORD OF THE POLE! From Active-i through Inverted-I.
The vaulter is now in the L-position and beginning rock back to cover the pole. He has performed a strong top hand pull which has greatly assisted the propulsion of his hips upward and caused the pole to bend. He must maintain the bend in the pole by the backward lean and drive the lower body and legs toward the top hand (The axis of rotation has now changed from the hips to the shoulder joints). (Not drive the the top hand to the lower body like so many elite vaulters are incorrectly trained to do). If you drive the top hand to the lower body, the top arm will be driven out of its beyond vertical position and even less than vertical. THE POSITION OF THE BODY MIRRORS THE POSITION OF THE TOP ARM. The vaulters angle of inversion can only be as good as the angle of the top arm (It can go no further). This is the key to obtaining negative inversion. Bubka does not bring the top arm to the lower body, but lets the top arm stay in that backward leaned position, along the chord of the pole (The chord of the pole is the center of gravity of the pole/vaulter system) and instead brings the body to the top arm before he begins the bottom arm push. His superior flight path is Predetermined! Lastly I want to point out that because his bodies center of gravity is along the chord of the pole, he also achieves superior bend of the pole and therefore greater pole recoil. Another benefit of negative inversion!

The key to how Bubka is able to achieve negative inversion is how he dynamically Moves through the C-I-L positions, and how he brings the body to the top arm, that never leaves the chord of the pole.

Are these really messages and posts that are diluted with excessive, non-specific explanations? Do you really feel that I submitted a non-descriptive essay lacking direction and form?

Coach I went out of my way to explain these things to you as best I could, because I really wanted to help you and others out with what I believe are highly valuable concepts.

coachjvinson
PV Whiz
Expertise: I have never recognized the concept of limits-I think an athlete who accepts limits is dead-Bubka
Lifetime Best: 0
Favorite Vaulter: COOP 4.55m and Mondo

Unread postby coachjvinson » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:38 pm

PVDaddy wrote:Are these really messages and posts that are diluted with excessive, non-specific explanations? Do you really feel that I submitted a non-descriptive essay lacking direction and form?

Yes... In fact, I would add that this is highly unsafe according to your descriptions -
PURSUITOF2016

PVDaddy
PV Follower

Unread postby PVDaddy » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:28 pm

Coachjvinsen, We are all here to exchange thoughts, are we not?
Especially if you think something is unsafe! Please Elaborate?

KirkB
PV Rock Star
Expertise: Former College Vaulter; Former Elite Vaulter; Former Coach; Fan
Lifetime Best: 5.34
Favorite Vaulter: Thiago da Silva

Unread postby KirkB » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:04 pm

There's not much point in answering your questions until you've at least read the posts from the searches that I suggested. You'll have to spell my name right to get any hits - "kurt past vertical" won't cut it.

I assure you that shooting past vertical wasn't anything that I invented - it was just a natural CONSEQUENCE of doing most things right prior to my extension.

It's almost exactly the same action as a gymnast would do on a high bar - doing a kip to handstand or a handstand from a standing position under the bar. In this gymnastic movement, there's also a chord - which we can refer to as the chord of the high bar if you like, to differentiate it from the chord of the pole. If the gymnast doesn't stay behind this chord, he will flag out and (or STALL, as gymnast call it).

You won't find any detailed expounding (note the spelling) of how a gymnast performs a handstand on the highbar from a kip or standing start. It's really quite a basic, simple concept to understand.

Prerequisite reading and comprehnesion before publishing your own Agenda 21 doctrine (in no particular order):
1. BTB2 (Petrov Model, and other writings by Altius - which say you've now done, but maybe not FULLY comprehending yet)
2. Bryde Bend thread (a style variant of the Petrov Model - but innovated 15 years before Bubka)
3. PV Manifesto thread (640 Model and other writings by Agapit)
4. Oklahoma Manifesto (Drive Model, and other writings by Tim McMichael)

IMHO, if you don't understand the fine distinctions and subtleties between these different vaulting styles and methods, there's no value added by introducing your own theories.

Kirk Bryde
Run. Plant. Jump. Stretch. Whip. Extend. Fly. Clear. There is no tuck! THERE IS NO DELAY!

PVDaddy
PV Follower

Unread postby PVDaddy » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:14 pm

Kirt, Your post reminds me of 2010 when I first came aboard and you corrected me on the spelling of the word "vertical". I believe I had misspelled it as "verticle" at the time (I have not spelled it wrong since. Thank-You). You also instructed me as to the proper use of the quote bar and the importance of referencing the person you are quoting. In fact I believe you said, for example (Its amazing the the things you remember even to the smallest details years later).

PVDaddy Wrote (This is my actual quote):
I did not search "kirk past vertical" but plan to.

I have already begun reading your post on this subject and WILL read all that I can find.

Or Kirk Wrote (This is Your actual quote):
You'll have to spell my name right to get any hits - "kurt past vertical" won't cut it.

So I believe that would have worked just fine?

As far as my use of the word "Es pound". It is the original French word from were we get the English word Expound (Of French origin)
My spell checker took me there and I just went with it.

I realize at the bottom of my post, when I was tired, I mistakenly called you "kurt" (No disrespect intended). May I suggest you begin your post by using the persons name or handle (it helps to add clarification on a forum such as this with many posters and there are other reasons to do it but I don't want to go there)?

For example. PVDaddy,

I have done a bit (Quite a bit) of reading about PV and have read much of what you have referenced below, but I must confess, I am a sold out to the Petrov/Bubka Model.

One thing that I have definenitly learned is there is much disagreements with many finer aspects of what is the ideal pole vault method, especially among-st you experts! No disrespect intended but I see it over and over! I know that you do not believe in a inverted Push in the vault, and that is fine with me. I am more amiable than what you know, but I am sensitive to what I see as intentional useless distractions from the true subject matter at hand. I am here to learn and solve problems and I know you are too! Do you have any problem with providing further specific critique on my Agenda 21 thread?
Anything else specifically about this negative Inversion thread you don't agree with? I would not ask you this, if I did not value your intellect and knowledge.

Return to “Pole Vault - Advanced Technique”