Bending Trail Leg?

This is a forum to discuss advanced pole vaulting techniques. If you are in high school you should probably not be posting or replying to topics here, but do read and learn.
vaultman18
PV Pro
Expertise: College Coach, Former College Vaulter
Favorite Vaulter: Tim Mack

Re: Bending Trail Leg?

Unread postby vaultman18 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:47 pm

altius wrote:
vaultman18 wrote:Yes it is hard to unlearn anything. And I am afraid that the majority of coaches and vaulters reject this model that Roman has put forth. I personally never really doubted it and it made perfect sense to me. I have since become more familiar with the training of such technique which helps link the theory to the practical application of the 6.40 model. But in simple terms the easiest way to reconcile the immediate pull is to think of the vault as nothing more than stiff pole vaulting and to ignore the bend. The guys that vaulted on steel or bamboo never even contemplated pushing with the bottom arm.

I wonder where you got that idea from????

Is that a trick question??? I think your phrase is more like....think of the vault as an infinite series of stiff poles...right :)? Of course I give credit to you, I always have and always will. Even my exposure to Roman's 6.40 model can be directly credited to you. If I recall correctly much of this was debated at my kitchen bar on multiple occasions with you and Roman. And of course with lots of boos and coffee :). I am as fortunate as any coach in America to have two of the best as my friends. Thank you Alan

altius
PV Rock Star

Unread postby altius » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:39 am

I was just joshing you old son!! Its a little to serious in other parts of this site!!!! :heart:
Its what you learn after you know it all that counts. John Wooden

VaultMarq26
PV Lover
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, College Coach,

Unread postby VaultMarq26 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:53 pm

altius wrote:I was just joshing you old son!! Its a little to serious in other parts of this site!!!! :heart:

That's the truth. These threads are more tense than a lot of meets! Whoever said vaulters are laid back needs to spend some time on pvp
Man Up and Jump

fishman4god
PV Pro
Expertise: 4 Time all american 3 college 1 masters,Current high school pole vault coach,current masters vaulter
Lifetime Best: 4.81 m
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Tim Mack

Unread postby fishman4god » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:16 am

I think laid back is how we appear outside but inside is a hurricane! How else could you run full speed knowing that you are about to fly straight up and off the end of a skinny stick....................all fun and games til someone loses an eye ;)

Return to “Pole Vault - Advanced Technique”