Tye Employs "Harvey's Horizontal Technique"

This is a forum to discuss advanced pole vaulting techniques. If you are in high school you should probably not be posting or replying to topics here, but do read and learn.
rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Tye Employs "Harvey's Horizontal Technique"

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:41 am

From the Tiger Bar Sports newsletter

Tye Employs the "Harvey's Horizontal Technique" in the PV

The physics of the pole vault converts horizontal speed into
vertical lift. Tye who can generate more speed by sliding the pole along the runway reasons that the extra speed will translate into extra height.

He has already cleared 18' 8" using HHT and feels that is just the beginning. "I am faster sliding the pole. Now it is up to my form to capture the extra force generated by the speed."

Tye is working with ESSX to create a tip for the HHT. "There is no foreseeable reason that I can't reach a new PB" says Harvey who has vaulted over 19 feet. 2001 World Indoor Silver medalist Tye Harvey has a passion for all things mechanical. He also loves the pole vault like few others. His zeal has lead him to employ the push or slide technique (Harvey's Horizontal Technique) to propel his career upward.

Continue discussion on this thread: http://polevaultpower.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5640
just because I don't want to repeat a lot of the same conversation we have already had on this topic.

Return to “Pole Vault - Advanced Technique”